Because Parler wasn't entertainment enough, now comes...Truth? From the former president

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
  • Former President Donald Trump is launching his very own social media network in order to “stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech.”
  • The app appears to be the first project of the Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), which will list on the Nasdaq through a merger with Digital World Acquisition Group.
  • The transaction values TMTG at up to $1.7 billion, according to an announcement tweeted out by spokeswoman Liz Harrington.
Former President Donald Trump announced Wednesday he will be launching his very own media network, including a social media platform called “TRUTH Social,” in order to “stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech.”

The app appears to be the first project of the Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), which will list on the Nasdaq through a merger with Digital World Acquisition Group, according to an announcement tweeted out by spokeswoman Liz Harrington. The transaction values TMTG at up to $1.7 billion, Harrington said.

The new company, which lists Trump’s private membership club Mar-A-Lago as its address, will be chaired by the former president, who says that this “group’s mission is to create a rival to the liberal media consortium.”

“We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American president has been silenced,” Trump claimed.

Trump was notoriously banned by major social media giants earlier this year, following his posts related to the January 6 riots at the United States Capitol Building.

The move doesn’t come as a total surprise. Trump and his team of advisors have dropped hints for months that he might launch his own social media app to rival Facebook and Twitter.

According to the press release, TRUTH Social is currently available for pre-order in the Apple App store, and a beta version will be available to invited guests starting in November 2021. A nationwide rollout is expected in the first quarter of 2022, the release said.

The release also noted TMTG intends to launch a subscription video-on-demand service which would would feature “non-woke” entertainment programming, news and podcasts.

There is sooooooooooooooo much to unpack there.

One, why anyone posts what a 45 spokesperson says anything 45 related is worth is beyond me. The man is literally being investigated for wildly lying about the worth of his properties on loan applications & federal documents. What 45 says something is worth & reality are two different completely things dependent on whether he's trying to grift or sell something, or whether he owes taxes he of course doesn't want to pay.

45 calling anything related to him "Truth", feels like a wink & a nudge to your eye while he defecates on the word, while he believe he's laughing at someone who's too stupid to realize.

The only thing about "Truth" that seems true, is the honestly involved that it isn't saying it's objective. It's a completely one sided platform that the former 2X impeached president will dictate it's values. Declaring you will have "non-woke" material ( whatever that is ) is the declaration of not objective.

Perfectly in keeping though. A modern would be dictator would want their own social media platform to control & dictate all content, that revolves around them.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, and don't forget there's a TMTG+ paid tier for "non-woke" video streaming content.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Scott Baio and Dean Cain likely called their agents immediately upon hearing this.
Chachi!
gAquoR0g3a5FFsQLRAD20KXpxnYuV9mQDvs6Qi0W_kk.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Let the Big Tech vs Small Dick rumble begin!
In the end he'll run into the same problems as Parler did, you can't run into a theater and scream "Fire" when there isn't one. He's going to run into a lot of legalities around this as he slips further and further into obscurity.

But nothing is more Trump lying to your supporters, bilking them for millions, then using that money to start a social media called "Truth". :ROFLMAO:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the end he'll run into the same problems as Parler did, you can't run into a theater and scream "Fire" when there isn't one. He's going to run into a lot of legalities around this as he slips further and further into obscurity.

But nothing is more Trump lying to your supporters, bilking them for millions, then using that money to start a social media called "Truth". :ROFLMAO:

I think the hilarious part is he desperately wants to interact with supporters who aren’t Trump supporters.

I think this paints an accurate picture.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it's telling that it isn’t being promoted as a bastion of free speech. I look forward to hearing about the member vetting process. This thing is going to attract so many legitimate and fake nazi accounts. It’s going to be a hacker and troll paradise.

Also, does MyPillow have enough money to be 100% of the ad revenue?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget there's a TMTG+ paid tier for "non-woke" video streaming content.

How insulted should Disney and Netflix be by suggestions of TMTG competing w/ Disney+ and Netflix?

From the CNBC piece:

A corporate overview of Trump’s new company does not list any officers, employees, or operations.

Instead, the 22-page slide show contains several graphics showing how many followers Trump had on Twitter before he was banned, and suggestions that the new venture will compete with both Disney+ and Netflix.

Patrick Orlando, CEO of DWAC, said in the press release that, “Digital World was formed to create public shareholder value and we believe that TMTG is one of the most promising business combination partners to fulfill that purpose.”

“Given the total addressable market and President Trump’s large following, we believe the TMTG opportunity has the potential to create significant shareholder value,” Orlando said.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
His cult will eat up anything. It's still mind-blowing to me how so many rednecks in the south worship a city slicker who is the opposite of everything they are ROFL

I think it’s as simple as he acknowledged they are pissed off while Republicans lied to them for decades about good times ahead and Democrats told them to shut up and get a degree.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was a bit of a surprise to me to hear from certain right wingers that I know (over the last year) that Fox News is now a leftist **** hole and worse than CNN. I wonder what happens when this TRUTH news doesn't report things the way they want to hear it?

I'm against any news trying to paint a biased picture. Doesn't help that a lot of news is just copy/pasted amongst the mainstream companies these days. One used to be able to browse the different media companies and get different takes on the same news. :p

But yeah, this is a pass for me.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It was a bit of a surprise to me to hear from certain right wingers that I know (over the last year) that Fox News is now a leftist **** hole and worse than CNN. I wonder what happens when this TRUTH news doesn't report things the way they want to hear it?

I'm against any news trying to paint a biased picture. Doesn't help that a lot of news is just copy/pasted amongst the mainstream companies these days. One used to be able to browse the different media companies and get different takes on the same news. :p

But yeah, this is a pass for me.
Yeah, you're right that even Fox News has been blindsided by the hardcore Trump base, there's really no placating this group of people but hopefully as time passes and they keep getting pushed into extremist corners (as surely this new service will be) the less legitimate they'll become.

Make no mistake, this is a dangerous crowd. I know people like to compare with Antifa or BLM but the reality is these guys have done more damage in 6 hours than any of these other groups (combined) have ever.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was a bit of a surprise to me to hear from certain right wingers that I know (over the last year) that Fox News is now a leftist **** hole and worse than CNN.

I know it will be replaced by something worse, but it would be nice if Fox imploded under the weight of its own bullshit.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right that even Fox News has been blindsided by the hardcore Trump base, there's really no placating this group of people but hopefully as time passes and they keep getting pushed into extremist corners (as surely this new service will be) the less legitimate they'll become.

Make no mistake, this is a dangerous crowd. I know people like to compare with Antifa or BLM but the reality is these guys have done more damage in 6 hours than any of these other groups (combined) have ever.
This last year has really taught me a lot. I changed my voter registration to no party because of what I saw my party doing with Covid. I just can't relate with people who think 2,000+ Americans dying per day is a laughing matter. Dangerous indeed. I was already being screamed at cuz I didn't think there was fraud.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I know it will be replaced by something worse, but it would be nice if Fox imploded under the weight of its own bullshit.
Yeah but if you take out the punditry, (just like CNN with Don Lemon or MSNBC with Maddow) and look at straight news they still offer a Conservative perspective but it's not radical. Now if you put media in the hands of a megalomaniacal madman like Trump, he'll make them all look sane.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ve no doubt Trump will send out thousands of Truths without one single truth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2