Being A Competent Theist

Religious, Spiritual, What Do You Believe? (Note: Poll structure limits the number of answers)

• I believe in the one God (term as popularly used). Clarify if needed ie, Christian, Muslim, etc.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I am Agnostic

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I am Atheist

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I am other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe God hands out Earthly favors for belief in and following its rules during my life.

• Earth is the Jungle, God does not hand out Earthy favors.

• This life represents an ongoing journey, but that is just a feeling.

• I hope there is a spiritual framework that allows for the continuation of consciousness.

• I believe that my life is a one time experience, when it’s over that’s it, over and done, period.

• Other- my belief is not addressed in this poll (clarify in a post)

• Total voters

tobefirst

talking plastic toy
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking there was a time where it was insisted upon that if you were not Catholic, you were expected to convert to be married in the Catholic church, or maybe I am confusing that with agreeing to raise any kids you have in the Catholic Church?
You do have to say you agree to raise your kids in the Catholic Church, so perhaps it was that. Or maybe things are different than they were in the past.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Reaction score
You do have to say you agree to raise your kids in the Catholic Church, so perhaps it was that. Or maybe things are different than they were in the past.
The wife says it used to be conversion, now you just sign a paper about making your children Catholic... much better. 👀

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Reaction score
No such thing as religious freedom in the US.
This morning at a neighborhood stop light, a man in an orange shirt walked up to the car and handed me a pamphlet for RHM- Restorative Ministries, so that people have who have lost their way could find salvation though Our Lord Jesus Christ.

And I thought, troubled people maybe able to straighten their life if they are talked into or become vested in a fantasy. Is this necessarily bad? My answer is no, with a caveat.

The caveat is it depends on how this fantasy manifests itself in the individuals tolerance for differing opinions, and subsequent insistence of following your belief’s rules, despite living in a country founded upon religious freedom. In the US we are witnessing a group of people trying to the convert the country into a Christian State. There is no such thing as religious freedom, better said freedom from religion, when there are Christians in the position to pass laws based on their interpretation of their religion. Example: abortion.

Top Bottom