Best museums in the US

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
According to one source

Thoughts? Suggestions?

And not meaning to shut out our European members, but your whole damn continent is a museum comparatively.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
According to one source

Thoughts? Suggestions?

And not meaning to shut out our European members, but your whole damn continent is a museum comparatively.
The Smithsonian museums and the National Gallery of Art and National Portrait Gallery are free to visit… so is the Air Force museum in Ohio. You can have a really nice tourist visit of Washington DC without having to pay for any of the best museums… just travel, hotel, and food.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Smithsonian museums and the National Gallery of Art and National Portrait Gallery are free to visit… so is the Air Force museum in Ohio. You can have a really nice tourist visit of Washington DC without having to pay for any of the best museums… just travel, hotel, and food.

I really hope to make it to the Smithsonian someday, never been.

I regrettably don't make it out to museums much, but want to put out more of an effort once things start opening up more. Even the smaller ones you can usually find something interesting. In fact, it might be a good idea to just ask "What's the most interesting thing you have here?"

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would include the Guggenheim museum as the building itself is a work of art. Of course I'm biased as I worked there twice, and my twin and dad worked there as well. Dad retired about two years ago after more than 35 years (although a good chunk was working for the foundation that saw him working at various buildings, not just the 1071 5th Avenue location).

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Since my wife was from Indy, we took our daughter to the Children's Museum quite a bit. Mainly to escape sitting around my M-I-L's house staring at each other.

But if you have a kid, I would highly suggest a visit.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been to same insanely great museums in places you wouldn’t expect to find them. My favorite was in Owensboro, Indiana.

Top Bottom
1 2