Between Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and JCPenney, which retailer is struggling the most?

Which retailer is struggling the most?

• Kohl's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bed Bath & Beyond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
Kohl's was unable to find a company to acquire them...

Bed Bath & Beyond was accused of turning off its air conditioning...

JCPenney is still dealing with the aftermath of Chapter 11 bankruptcy...

Out of the three shitshows listed above, which one do you think is doing the worst? I'll be keeping your feedback in mind. :)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Kohl's was unable to find a company to acquire them...

Bed Bath & Beyond was accused of turning off its air conditioning...

JCPenney is still dealing with the aftermath of Chapter 11 bankruptcy...

Out of the three shitshows listed above, which one do you think is doing the worst? I'll be keeping your feedback in mind. :)

Wife shops at Kohl's and is happy with them. Didn't realize they wanted to be acquired.

BB&B is just a nicer Linens & Things, but 90% of what they carry is ubiquitous and can be bought online. Yes, some people like to touch things like towels, that isn't enough to keep them afloat.

Can't believe that JCP won the anchor store sweepstakes with Sears. Would have thought JCP would have been gone long before Sears, but the one at our mall is still open. Can't imagine it will surive much longer. Never many cars near its doors.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
BB&B is just a nicer Linens & Things
Linens 'n Things?
long_time_star_wars.gif

Can't believe that JCP won the anchor store sweepstakes with Sears. Would have thought JCP would have been gone long before Sears, but the one at our mall is still open. Can't imagine it will surive much longer. Never many cars near its doors.
Really? I always thought that Sears would've been gone long before JCPenney. They've been struggling for decades now.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Really? I always thought that Sears would've been gone long before JCPenney. They've been struggling for decades now.

Sears had a couple of things JCP didn't: Craftsman Tools and Kenmore.

Those were both very popular brands that should have been able to keep them afloat. But Craftsman was sold off to Stanley and Whirlpool (who made Kenmore) discontinued supplying Sears with appliances.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
Sears had a couple of things JCP didn't: Craftsman Tools and Kenmore.
Were those brands just that good? I don't think it was enough to keep them in business. I can't name a single person off of the top of my head that exclusively shopped at Sears for their tools and appliances.
Whirlpool (who made Kenmore) discontinued supplying Sears with appliances.
Wikipedia says that Kenmore appliances were manufactured by multiple companies.
"As of 2017, Kenmore products are produced by manufacturers including Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux, Panasonic, Cleva North America, and Daewoo Electronics."

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Were those brands just that good?

Craftsman, yes. If you broke one, returns couldn't have been easier. Just take it to a Sears and they would swap it on the spot. No paperwork, no hassle. Plus they "were" good tools, comparable to Snap-On or Mac at half the price. Haven't really bought many since they sold to Stanley, but I suspect they will be cheapened.

As for Kenmore, it wasn't a great brand, certainly not any better than the ones who manufactured their stuff. But it was a name that many of us grew up with. My first Washer/Dryer was a Kenmore because I had a Sears card. :)

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
Craftsman, yes. If you broke one, returns couldn't have been easier. Just take it to a Sears and they would swap it on the spot. No paperwork, no hassle. Plus they "were" good tools, comparable to Snap-On or Mac at half the price. Haven't really bought many since they sold to Stanley, but I suspect they will be cheapened.
That's amazing! I might end up purchasing some Craftsman stuff for myself... :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2