Biden’s first televised address

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not watching, but look forward to the forum reporting.

There's been a lot of mumbling out there on how he's taken painfully long to make his first address.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes. He did reiterate that he will tell us the truth, even when the truth is not so bright. But for those who didn't watch, I'll add that he did say there will be enough vaccine for every adult American by May 1. He made it clear not every adult will be vaccinated by that date, but that if you schedule an appointment the vaccine will be there waiting for you.

And he did say repeat what the CDC said, that we'll be having small family gatherings by the 4th of July. Let's hope that people don't take that as a license to go totally maskless and overcrowd bars this summer, so that unlike last year we can all celebrate this Thanksgiving and Christmas in a relatively normal way.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
There's been a lot of mumbling out there on how he's taken painfully long to make his first address.
I'm willing to cut him some slack. It took forever for him to get any intelligence briefings as is the norm during a transfer of power. Then he walked into a hellish situation since the Kumquat had let the U.S. fall into pandemic disarray with little to no plan. Not to mention the 45th pretty much checked out as President after losing to Biden.

What Biden and Harris inherited and walked into, I wouldn't wish on anyone. But I also would never, ever go into politics. :mrgreen:

It's a lovely change to be calm and hopeful after a Presidential speech.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm willing to cut him some slack. It took forever for him to get any intelligence briefings as is the norm during a transfer of power. Then he walked into a hellish situation since the Kumquat had let the U.S. fall into pandemic disarray with little to no plan. Not to mention the 45th pretty much checked out as President after losing to Biden.

What Biden and Harris inherited and walked into, I wouldn't wish on anyone. But I also would never, ever go into politics. :mrgreen:

It's a lovely change to be calm and hopeful after a Presidential speech.

It should also be mentioned that Biden's approval rating climbed higher than Trumps, all while keeping his yapper shut. I think there might be a correlation.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It should also be mentioned that Biden's approval rating climbed higher than Trumps, all while keeping his yapper shut. I think there might be a correlation.
He’s had a great first two months. Just makes you realize how much Trump was all talk.

Biden’s approval rating was 62% before the speech. I wouldn’t be surprised if after last night’s speech it jumps even higher.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He’s had a great first two months. Just makes you realize how much Trump was all talk.

Biden’s approval rating was 62% before the speech. I wouldn’t be surprised if after last night’s speech it jumps even higher.
I saw a Marist poll saying it was 49%. The 62% is approval of the way he handles COVID. So, even people who don’t approve of him approve of his virus response.

U

User.45

I actually almost cried, goddam, it was so refreshing to NOT hear:

Greatest Economy
China Virus
Fake News Media

You know, having a GODDAM adult as president vs. a childish FOOL.
The next Republican president is getting ready taking credit...:D

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
After listening to Biden last night, that part about Trump ignoring and downplaying the pandemic—lying to us about it as more and more people died—stuck inside my head.

He also mocked the idea of wearing masks, kept the experts from talking to the public, and then checked out totally after losing the election.

So the question came to me: could he be charged with a crime against humanity?

I mean, it would be hard to quantify, but in my mind he’s responsible for many more people dying than needed to.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
but in my mind he’s responsible for many more people dying than needed to.
Oh he absolutely is. From his anti mask sentiments to completely failing to coordinate a plan for responding to the pandemic a lot of people ended up dying because of that. I don’t know if a crime against humanity would hold up in a court of law but he is definitely responsible for a lot of preventable deaths.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
After listening to Biden last night, that part about Trump ignoring and downplaying the pandemic—lying to us about it as more and more people died—stuck inside my head.

He also mocked the idea of wearing masks, kept the experts from talking to the public, and then checked out totally after losing the election.

So the question came to me: could he be charged with a crime against humanity?

I mean, it would be hard to quantify, but in my mind he’s responsible for many more people dying than needed to.
His supporters believe in heaven and hell. If that belief can somehow cause hell to exist and Trump to go there, I think they have pretty good judgments for crimes against humanity down there.

Top Bottom
1 2