Biden’s SOTU address 2022

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
WOW. 😳 The speech is still going as I write this, but I’ve never seen the Republicans make such asses of themselves.

Biden was talking about the health dangers of burn pits, then added that he personally knows about them. The GOP loudly booed that particular remark. Biden calmly went on to say his son died of cancer induced by such toxins.

Jesus. Nice self-own, Republicans. 😡 What a bunch of jackasses.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
WOW. 😳 The speech is still going as I write this, but I’ve never seen the Republicans make such asses of themselves.

Biden was talking about the health dangers of burn pits, then added that he personally knows about them. The GOP loudly booed that particular remark. Biden calmly went on to say his son died of cancer induced by such toxins.

It was Boebert. Her own party members gave her the evil eye apparently. She yelled that it was Biden who killed the soldiers… maybe she should have let him finish before she lodged her foot into her oral cavity…

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Republican response was terrible. A constant litany of culture war nonsense, without any apparent point. Throw in North Korea (why?) and an attempt to blame billionaires avoiding taxes on Biden instead of Trump… yep; it was that dumb. The governor of Iowa did not come across well at all.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It was Boebert. Her own party members gave her the evil eye apparently. She yelled that it was Biden who killed the soldiers… maybe she should have let him finish before she lodged her foot into her oral cavity…
You are right. I re-watched a clip of it and it sounds like she says something (which I can’t quite make out), and the rest of the “negative noise” is groaning in reaction.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
FM0OX9HVEAAnIZb

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Yeah, they were pretty dense, but I had a feeling I knew who it was, and just like magic...

Pretty embarrassing.

Having said that, it actually would have been perfect without those two morons, as the speech was phenomenal and there were plenty of bipartisan moments. It was so much better than watching TFG shift back and forth bored because he had to stay on script.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 24

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes! Let’s hope this is the beginning of a turnaround in his poll numbers.

Biden comes across as warm, optimistic and caring (especially in comparison to Mr. Crankypants). He should find more reasons to be on TV and social media. I’m not thinking of CNN town halls; I’m thinking of presidential addresses.

Wouldn’t you like to hear from him more than once a year, just to hear how things are going, what he’s been doing for you, what we can be optimistic about?

After all, Trump was constantly on his “Hate Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry Tour”, eternally holding rallies to whip fascists into a frenzy. Last night notwithstanding, why don’t Democratic presidents seem to learn how to rally the rest of us?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It was a fantastic speech. While the right makes fun of his age, he seemed far sharper and in tune than TFG ever did, because Biden is intelligent and has the down to earth quality they wish Trump had. They make up for it by pretending Trump “tells it like he is”, which is a really poorly clever way of saying he’s stupid and makes shit up as he goes, unless he’s plotting or lying with a larger end goal, then he kinda stays on message (Lock Her Up, Law and Order, I really won, etc).

I guess I feel the way Trump supporters feel after he lies for an hour to congress. Impressed.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Glad to see a positive response to Biden’s speech reflected in the polls. Unfortunately, the office has been irreversibly damaged by the circus of the last admin, but it’s good to see Biden dial the office back to some of the positive aspects it used to resemble. Other than the usual suspects, the right was largely behaving as they had in years past, with several moments of bipartisanship shown.

I’ll take whatever slices of positivity and glimmers of an ease in political tension I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User.45

The issue with these folks is that they are just placeholders. Most of them are congressionally inconsequential, but can galvanize a population most people would not be excited to have as voters. The concern is that someone consequential to come who'll carry these ideas past the finish line.

Top Bottom
1 2