Biden kills Keystone XL pipeline, Canada has mixed reactions

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since it looks like the Republicans are going to refuse to hold Trump accountable with the second impeachment, that will free up Biden to do whatever the fuck he wants in the last couple of weeks of his presidency with zero accountability. He might go crazy and do something that is popular among the common citizens.
Probably a bad idea politically but it’d be nice to see Biden make a speech with a theme of “Well, we gave the GOP a chance to admit Trump’s a monster but they’re lying about it so I’m coming in with both barrels, fuck it.”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably a bad idea politically but it’d be nice to see Biden make a speech with a theme of “Well, we gave the GOP a chance to admit Trump’s a monster but they’re lying about it so I’m coming in with both barrels, fuck it.”

Democrats haven't had teeth in forever and if there was ever a time to grow some and use them it would be now. I wouldn't be rudely confrontational about it but I also wouldn't let the Republicans and their media control the narrative either, something else Democrats have done for way too long. Get in front of it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Since it looks like the Republicans are going to refuse to hold Trump accountable with the second impeachment, that will free up Biden to do whatever the fuck he wants in the last couple of weeks of his presidency with zero accountability. He might go crazy and do something that is popular among the common citizens.

Hah, yeah, but the Dems have to get through 2022 first and not lose their grip on either house of Congress. Way too soon at this red hot moment to see how that's going to go. Kevin McCarthy is down there talking to Trump right now about how about not splitting the party eh? and maybe everybody comes out ahead? As if Trump cares how the GOP or anyone but himself will fare.

Heh, with all that lies ahead of Trump on the legal side, rolling with the pro-Trump side of the GOP is working with some imaginary dice if you ask me, but the RNC already went there in their winter meeting by reaffirming support for him. Trump's not tuned into reality though, so he's just as likely to decide he'd rather have his own party and tell McCarthy yeah later maybe and I'll let ya know. Meanwhile the arrests and revelations of the insurrectionist perps and planners parade across TV screens and social media.

What a world for the shreds of a once principled party to try to navigate now. That's before we get through the drama of whether McConnell behind scenes is still trying to round up 16 more votes to convict in a Senate trial the GOP doesn't even what to hold. If he does vote to convict then Trump will get convicted. But Mitch won't go there without enough to carry the conviction, as that miscalculation might cause him to lose even his minority leader post.

I dunno how good Mitch's chances are. Cornyn doesn't seem persuadable and a lot of GOP Senators seem to go with his flow sometimes when he and Mitch don't start out on the same page.

To take it back to the matter of fossil fuels and energy interests, Biden's not going to wait on 2022 to plunge into renewables as a good place to create jobs fast. And maybe not all just strictly renewables either: I would not be surprised to see Biden demonstrate some willingness to engage in bipartisan efforts to improve the economy by taking advantage of the fact that Cornyn's LEADING act (Launching Energy Advancement and Development through Innovations for Natural Gas) was passed as part of the omnibus bill back in December.

Now okay natural gas isn't renewable but it's a whole cleaner than diluted bitumen and getting some real jobs on the scoreboard does matter to all these pols, even the ones too cowardly to admit they're still riding the Trump tiger because they can't figure out how to get off alive.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah, yeah, but the Dems have to get through 2022 first and not lose their grip on either house of Congress. Way too soon at this red hot moment to see how that's going to go. Kevin McCarthy is down there talking to Trump right now about how about not splitting the party eh? and maybe everybody comes out ahead? As if Trump cares how the GOP or anyone but himself will fare.

Heh, with all that lies ahead of Trump on the legal side, rolling with the pro-Trump side of the GOP is working with some imaginary dice if you ask me, but the RNC already went there in their winter meeting by reaffirming support for him. Trump's not tuned into reality though, so he's just as likely to decide he'd rather have his own party and tell McCarthy yeah later maybe and I'll let ya know. Meanwhile the arrests and revelations of the insurrectionist perps and planners parade across TV screens and social media.

What a world for the shreds of a once principled party to try to navigate now. That's before we get through the drama of whether McConnell behind scenes is still trying to round up 16 more votes to convict in a Senate trial the GOP doesn't even what to hold. If he does vote to convict then Trump will get convicted. But Mitch won't go there without enough to carry the conviction, as that miscalculation might cause him to lose even his minority leader post.

I dunno how good Mitch's chances are. Cornyn doesn't seem persuadable and a lot of GOP Senators seem to go with his flow sometimes when he and Mitch don't start out on the same page.

To take it back to the matter of fossil fuels and energy interests, Biden's not going to wait on 2022 to plunge into renewables as a good place to create jobs fast. And maybe not all just strictly renewables either: I would not be surprised to see Biden demonstrate some willingness to engage in bipartisan efforts to improve the economy by taking advantage of the fact that Cornyn's LEADING act (Launching Energy Advancement and Development through Innovations for Natural Gas) was passed as part of the omnibus bill back in December.

Now okay natural gas isn't renewable but it's a whole cleaner than diluted bitumen and getting some real jobs on the scoreboard does matter to all these pols, even the ones too cowardly to admit they're still riding the Trump tiger because they can't figure out how to get off alive.

I think the Trump impeachment trial needs to last at least a week, even if it's predetermined the GOP won’t vote to convict. It needs to be part of history with evidence and testimony that they refused to do their damn job. And the Democrats can’t let them just whine about the process and procedures. They need to be asked directly to defend Trump’s actions which also needs to be on the record.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also the founding father patriot humpers that the GOP claims to be needs to answer what the founding fathers would probably do in regards to Trump’s impeachment.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also the founding father patriot humpers that the GOP claims to be needs to answer what the founding fathers would probably do in regards to Trump’s impeachment.
Is there any doubt that they’d impeach?

Hell they wouldn’t have let him become president in the first place - it’s why they setup the electoral college.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that they’d impeach?

Hell they wouldn’t have let him become president in the first place - it’s why they setup the electoral college.

I'm saying the supposed party of law and order and founding fathers fetish needs to be called out on their shit to their face and quite publically on the record.

Top Bottom
1 2