Biden says there shouldn't be a second debate if Trump still has Covid-19

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't blame him one little bit and Americans won't either.

Washington (CNN)Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Tuesday that the second presidential debate should not be held if President Donald Trump is still infected with coronavirus, but that he would base his participation in the debate upon recommendations from medical experts.
"Well, I think if he still has Covid, we shouldn't have a debate," Biden told reporters in Maryland. "I think we're gonna have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected and it's a very serious problem."
He continued: "And so I'll be guided by the guidelines of the Cleveland Clinic, and what the docs say is the right thing to do -- if and when he shows up for debate."
The former vice president also said he looks forward to the debate, which is set to take place next Thursday in Miami

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Harris is taking a chance debating Pence tonight in the same auditorium. No way should Biden be in the same room with Trump again unless he can prove a negative test result - at the very least.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And if Mr Biden is sneered at - for setting such conditions in advance of the debate - by the loathsome Mr Trump (on the tediously predictable lines of puerile name-calling such as "wuss, wimp, wearer of big masks, not manly"), he should make the case that he wishes to take sensible precautions for himself, but, above all, he seeks to protect not only himself, but, more importantly, his staff and those who work for him, from whatever risk they have of contracting this virus, insofar that this is possible, something Mr Trump has manifestly failed to do up to now, as his deplorable conduct at the week--end makes all too dismally clear.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The way Trump has been tweeting or retweeting lunatic level trash this morning, Pence shouldn't planning on some civil engagement with Harris on the issues tonight... he should be on call to step in at a moment's notice when someone finally drops a net over Trump.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

ECDB929C-D815-4577-B85A-E8AEA9588EB4.jpeg
COVID Donny
Don’t Breath On Me​

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
So put Trump in isolation? I’m down with that. Preferably in Guantanamo.
Guantanamo, while affording and offering a wonderfully attractive and dangerously seductive mental picture, alas, no.

Instead, I'd far prefer to see the primacy of the Rule of Law, all of that boring stuff, such as, you know: Serving a (flawless) warrant, arraignment, (evidence and argument at a) trial, conviction, sentencing, followed by a period serving this sentence in a federal prison.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He never should’ve stopped in the first place. He needs to stop playing nice. We are trying to win!

Actually, no, I beg to differ.

As with women, and people of colour, there is an ugly double standard here: Only Democrats are expected to be "nice".

Personally, while I want to see the boot put in (hard), on Mr Trump, politically, I think it was better that Mr Biden was able to signal that he is a decent human - a paid up member of the human race - being by suspending the attack ads while that monster was in hospital.

Now that Mr Trump thinks (doubtless erroneously) that he is better, and has been released from hospital, it is high time to resume the attack ads, the harder hitting, the better.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
Actually, no, I beg to differ.

As with women, and people of colour, there is an ugly double standard here: Only Democrats are expected to be "nice".

Personally, while I want to see the boot put in (hard), on Mr Trump, politically, I think it was better that Mr Biden was able to signal that he is a decent human - a paid up member of the human race - being by suspending the attack ads while that monster was in hospital.

Now that Mr Trump thinks (doubtless erroneously) that he is better, and has been released from hospital, it is high time to resume the attack ads, the harder hitting, the better.

Nope. We always seem to play a different game from them. We feel this overwhelming need to play nice even when they are playing dirty. Nice doesn’t get us anywhere. They’ve set the rules. We should play by them. And since you brought up minorities, playing nice hasn’t gotten us very far. I’m done with nice. And just so we are very clear I’m not talking about violence against people. I’m never for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2