Biden's weekly Approval Polls

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Don't forget though there calls to impeach Trump BEFORE he even took office. So maybe what's good for the goose ..............

At least the democrats waited until Trump did something actionable before they impeached him. The republicans will do it just because they can.

Personally, I'm waiting for it to happen with bated breath. If Rome must burn, then I intend to play the fiddle.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Don't forget though there calls to impeach Trump BEFORE he even took office. So maybe what's good for the goose ..............
There have been calls to impeach just about every President since Nixon, probably even before that (Nixon was the first one I really remember well). In today's divisive internet-noise environment, the calls just seem louder.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This doesn’t follow logically with the argument you made before which is that there is a road already started which leads to every president being impeached. As others mentioned, with a few hundred million people living in America, there will always be “calls” to impeach everybody. I think people were calling for Kanye West to be impeached…

If it is actually done without a proper justification given, then we have issues. Which is why I put the “if” in front of my statement. I posit there is no “road” currently in existence. If one is created by Republicans to impeach Biden, I’d say they broke ground on their own highway to hell, and cannot blame anybody but themselves.

Don’t forget, even Mitch McConnell wanted Trump to be impeached but he chickened out when it came time to put his name to a vote for conviction. In the end, although he knew Trump was a danger, he chose his own personal power over doing what he thought was right.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There's always this bizarre reach for 'remembering that one time that one person or persons "said" something", as if it's the same with actually going thru with it. What fascinates me though is ALWAYS leaving out the context or reasoning for why someone or someones said something. What was the reasoning for those calls to impeach 45 BEFORE he took office? Were they the same as this class act or was it simply in retaliation 'because' as this jackass threw out to the wind to do? It isn't because someone yelled at windmills, that it 'equals' the motivations of others. Was there precedent that the calls for 45's impeachment were going to happen because of the previous actions of the dems? As opposed to a party who will strip their own & censure them, because they believed the party's current demagogue actually did wrong? One party began laying the groundwork for any road that involve revenge tactics, and it's a party that's more worried about culture wars over actual governing & things of substance.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Don’t forget, even Mitch McConnell wanted Trump to be impeached but he chickened out when it came time to put his name to a vote for conviction. In the end, although he knew Trump was a danger, he chose his own personal power over doing what he thought was right.

I think we're being too hard on the republicans here. Their hearts were in the right place, but, god bless 'em, they had their careers to think about.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
A new low......

This defies all logic. According to the establishment all Americans wanted was somebody who is not Trump. Biden has consistently been not Trump. We’ve also been told to not expect much, another solid delivery on that. His ratings should be through the roof.

Renzatic

Reaction score
This defies all logic. According to the establishment all Americans wanted was somebody who is not Trump. Biden has consistently been not Trump. We’ve also been told to not expect much, another solid delivery on that. His ratings should be through the roof.

We got someone who wasn't Trump. Now we're not happy with him.

America is a nation in a perpetual state of buyers remorse.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
America needed the break, every other day it was something more and more outrageous from that lying dirtbag Trump. I couldn't care less about Biden's ratings, he's the calm we needed after the storm and no matter who is in charge they're going to take a hit with the economy and virus being what it is.

Let's see how things go in 2024, I think Dems should focus on a new candidate and I would still consider Romney if he decided to run depending on the candidates. Biden's given his life to serving, would like to see him retire with dignity and enjoy his remaining years stress free.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We got someone who wasn't Trump. Now we're not happy with him.

America is a nation in a perpetual state of buyers remorse.

Well I guess we’re lucky we can still put Trump back in the driver’s seat. The greatest country on earth has given us two of the greatest possible leaders, Trump and not Trump. What a bright future.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
America needed the break, every other day it was something more and more outrageous from that lying dirtbag Trump. I couldn't care less about Biden's ratings, he's the calm we needed after the storm and no matter who is in charge they're going to take a hit with the economy and virus being what it is.

Let's see how things go in 2024, I think Dems should focus on a new candidate and I would still consider Romney if he decided to run depending on the candidates. Biden's given his life to serving, would like to see him retire with dignity and enjoy his remaining years stress free.

Both Biden and the center right Democrat party are the wrong leader and party for this challenge in our history, both way more concerned with upsetting anybody right of center than championing their traditional base and doing what’s right. What we need is an FDR “I welcome their hate” leader.

Funny thing is a lot of the older right wing voters romanticize the 40’s as a time when America was great, partially based on kicking ass in WWII. Meanwhile, at home FDR was president, a Democrat and probably the most Progressive we’ve ever had, getting things done and not taking any shit from the elitists at the top. Now Democrats take shit from everybody and are like deer in the headlights. Get fired up, and at the very least, go out fighting.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Well I guess we’re lucky we can still put Trump back in the driver’s seat.

What I don't think many on the left understand is what got Trump elected in the first place. And instead of figuring it out and trying something different, they are doubling down on what created his appeal.

Renzatic

Reaction score
What I don't think many on the left understand is what got Trump elected in the first place. And instead of figuring it out and trying something different, they are doubling down on what created his appeal.

And what did Trump do to get himself elected? During his initial campaign, he tried to cover all his bases, but his presidency has basically been him making an ass of himself, blaming the Democrats for everything, and taking credit for things beyond the scope of his powers.

Remember him autographing a shot of the stock market? That's some straight up cheese right there.

And now, what does he stand for? Doing what the liberals don't want him to do? The republicans have abandoned conservatism in a rush to fuck everyone over who disagrees with them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
That's actually the reverse. Republicans have doubled & tripled on what appealed to the former 2X impeached president's base, which is to whine about culture issues & thwart anything positive being done for fear of it making dems popular. Dems priorities are popular, but unlike the last guy, NOW that r' base is willing to hang any & all problems around the neck of the president. The pandemic that the last guy was supposed to deal with & passed on, is still around along with all the fallout & problems. Everyone's figured it out, it's just a matter if one is willing to sink low enough to pivot towards the r's methods. You can't appeal to a crowd who's main concern is a belief that that the current guy in office actually won, and the guy claiming to have won wanted to go with 'alternate slate of electors' because that side didn't actually win.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know exactly why he got elected. The wall. Calling Mexicans rapists. Calling white power terrorists very fine people. Banning Muslims. Stealing non-white children from their parents.

Fear and hate are big winners with old white people, who overwhelmingly voted for him.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard an interesting bit of history that Biden was instrumental to getting Jimmy Carter elected president. On so many levels you could say Biden’s presidency is Carter 2.0. I was too young to know what was going on when Carter was president but I do know he was one of our most unpopular presidents which included a gas crisis and the economy being in shambles. At the time the establishment felt the country just needed a middle of the road moderate after Nixon. Sound familiar?

Also of note, the stated goal of the fed currently is to raise unemployment and decrease wages. Biden supports whatever action the fed decides to take 100%. So we’ve gone from getting nothing done to just giving most people the middle finger.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was too young to know what was going on when Carter was president [...]

Good post, and admittedly this is OT, but I thought you were a good bit younger than that (not for any particular reason, just my "in head" forum reality ...)

Top Bottom
1 2