Biden's weekly Approval Polls

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So since I am always accused of having an agenda with my posts, I am simply going to post Biden's approval polls without comment other than possibly a summary. I will post them if they are going up or down. I will also not post individual polls from Fox, Rasmussen or Zogby, but will include them as part of an aggregation, ie RCP or 538 averages.

Here are a couple to get it started:

In this poll, Biden is doing well with Dems, but only has 32% approval among independents.

Here is 538's aggregate poll:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
We haven't had a president that's managed to keep their head above water on the polls since W's first term.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Did you forget about Obama? He was over and under at various times, but finished at 59%.

I remember him being underwater more often than not, especially during his first term.

Right now, as far as Biden is concerned, with the pandemic previously in full swing, and the disaster that was the Afghanistan withdrawal, I'm not surprised his popularity took a good hit.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I suspect that during a pandemic of this scale no president will ever sit above 50% for any length of time. We can argue about what caused Trump to lose but in the end the pandemic is also the likely cause, unseating an incumbent is rare as we all know, he probably would've survived otherwise.

I would be looking for these numbers to swing both ways during the next year. BTW I used to have a lot of faith in 538 but they blew the Newsom election by a mile, Nate Silver was rambling on about how it was almost likely that he would lose even days before the election.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sorry missed a couple of weeks.

Highlights from the story:

• Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he's done worse, not better, than they expected.
  • Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 64%, say they don't want Biden to run for a second term in 2024. That includes 28% of Democrats. Opposition to Trump running for another term in 2024 stands at 58%, including 24% of Republicans.
  • Vice President Kamala Harris' approval rating is 28% – even worse than Biden's. The poll shows that 51% disapprove of the job she's doing. One in 5, 21%, are undecided.
  • Americans overwhelmingly support the infrastructure bill Biden is about to sign, but they are split on the more expensive and further-reaching "Build Back Better" act being debated in Congress. Only 1 in 4 say the bill's provisions would help them and their families.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

• Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he's done worse, not better, than they expected.
  • Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 64%, say they don't want Biden to run for a second term in 2024. That includes 28% of Democrats. Opposition to Trump running for another term in 2024 stands at 58%, including 24% of Republicans.
  • Vice President Kamala Harris' approval rating is 28% – even worse than Biden's. The poll shows that 51% disapprove of the job she's doing. One in 5, 21%, are undecided.
  • Americans overwhelmingly support the infrastructure bill Biden is about to sign, but they are split on the more expensive and further-reaching "Build Back Better" act being debated in Congress. Only 1 in 4 say the bill's provisions would help them and their families.

Just noticing the Let’s Go Brandon in your signature. Putting all the troll cards on the table?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

As I tend to follow more progressive sources, a couple things on those highlights….

I’d say my progressive sources definitely think Biden shouldn’t run in 2024, but they also can’t think of who should run instead or a candidate that the DNC would allow to run. Biden is their man.

Some have noticed Harris’ approval rating drop as she went from more of a strong independent thinker before the election to more of an establishment mouthpiece after the election. It seems she is doing damage control more than anything else, but I also feel she’s been more in the spotlight than previous VPs because of her potential to replace Biden sooner than later.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Some have noticed Harris’ approval rating drop as she went from more of a strong independent thinker before the election to more of an establishment mouthpiece after the election. It seems she is doing damage control more than anything else, but I also feel she’s been more in the spotlight than previous VPs because of her potential to replace Biden sooner than later.

This is in line with her actions at previous posts. She tried to market herself as much more liberal than her previous actions would suggest. I would have preferred he go with Yang or someone else at the time.

As I tend to follow more progressive sources, a couple things on those highlights….

I’d say my progressive sources definitely think Biden shouldn’t run in 2024, but they also can’t think of who should run instead or a candidate that the DNC would allow to run. Biden is their man.

Members of Biden's campaign team claimed he would only serve one term if elected, so there's that. I'm really with @lizkat on this one. The torch should have stayed with Obama's generation on this one.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t understand why so many Republicans voted against the infrastructure bill. It’s something most Americans want. They are like Pavlov’s dog with any Democrat-sponsored bill. Ring a bell, and they vote no.

It's part of the strategy of not letting the opposing party have any wins, unless of course it means more money for the people at the top. That kind of legislation just sails on through.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Just noticing the Let’s Go Brandon in your signature. Putting all the troll cards on the table?

Not picking on you, but I am astounded that some people have an issue with Let's Go Brandon, yet were perfectly happy with all manner of celebs and athletes spewing Fuck Trump at award's shows, on Twitter and any other number of places. Talk about a double standard.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This is in line with her actions at previous posts. She tried to market herself as much more liberal than her previous actions would suggest. I would have preferred he go with Yang or someone else at the time.

He boxed himself in when he said he would pick a woman of color. Didn't leave many options.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not picking on you, but I am astounded that some people have an issue with Let's Go Brandon, yet were perfectly happy with all manner of celebs and athletes spewing Fuck Trump at award's shows, on Twitter and any other number of places. Talk about a double standard.
The false equivalency here is that these two men aren’t the same quality. One is human garbage, the other is a decent guy that cares about others. Not looking to go round and round with you, but that’s a distinction that matters.

Renzatic

Reaction score

And I remember the Trump fans SCREAMING WITH RAGE every time someone would dare criticize God's chosen president. There's this one guy I went to school with who's now one of the hardcore Trump faithful, every time one of the local news stations would post anything less than glowing praise about Trump, he'd rush in screaming they're the ENEMY OF THE FREE PEOPLE, AND WILL PAY FOR THE LIES THEY SPREAD!

...he also thinks the Jan 6th riots were staged by Antifa and BLM dressed in disguised, which he should know about, BECAUSE HE WAS THERE!

So yeah, politics in America have devolved to monkeys slinging shit. It's why I so rarely engage in politics these days. It's all stupid, and the country's doomed to lose its head up its own ass.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with #LetsGoBrandon. It lets me know who's part of a cult lol

I have zero interest in parading political statements and stuff on my vehicle or outside my home. Seek help if you do.

I think it's cute that the Trump folk are now referring to the people outside their circle as the "Biden Cult."

As if people that strong of feelings for Biden. He's just a president. He'll be gone in 4 to 8 years. Meanwhile, they're still running around with Trump stickers slathered over every inch of their trucks, screaming that they HAVE TO SAVE AMERICA! Who's the ones who are actually fanatical here?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yep, whether it's slamming Trump, Biden, Obama, et. al in a signature it's in poor taste IMO. At the same time it make them super easy to spot and ignore. This whole let's go Biden thing is petty, like something gradeschool kids would spread around.

If you want to make the case for your candidate, articulate it and make your arguments.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it's cute that the Trump folk are now referring to the people outside their circle as the "Biden Cult."

That's because people on the right mistakenly think people on the left share the same hive brain they do. They're in a cult so the left must be in a cult. They believe and support everything Trump says so the left must believe and support everything Biden says.

Top Bottom
1 2