Bill Gates pledges to give away most of his wealth

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Sure buddy. I’m sure as the country’s biggest farm land owner and biggest blocker of letting other country’s manufacture the Covid vaccines to protect US pharmaceutical profits you’ll somehow find it impossible to regrow your wealth. “It just keeps happening. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m extremely short sighted and not that bright.”

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Sure buddy. I’m sure as the country’s biggest farm land owner and biggest blocker of letting other country’s manufacture the Covid vaccines to protect US pharmaceutical profits you’ll somehow find it impossible to regrow your wealth. “It just keeps happening. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m extremely short sighted and not that bright.”
Wow what a saint. He won’t be giving up even the tiniest luxury by giving away money he doesn’t need, and it seems like he is timing it so he’ll still have billions around up into his 90s. Trying to wash away your greedy reputation? Give me a break.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow what a saint. He won’t be giving up even the tiniest luxury by giving away money he doesn’t need, and it seems like he is timing it so he’ll still have billions around up into his 90s. Trying to wash away your greedy reputation? Give me a break.

I'd give him a sliver more of respect if he imposed a wealth cap on himself. Go big by his comparative standards and cap it at $500 million. Every cent above that goes to charitable efforts. Even with his level of advertised and promoted do goodery I'm sure his wealth would almost never drop below that threshold no matter how much he spends.

Bezos bought a major newspaper, but Bill for decades has been a major donator to almost all journalism institutions from education to broadcast and print. I'm sure it's just a coincidence they almost always have nothing but glowing praise to say about him.

Top Bottom
1 2