Binge worthy TV

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@Alli I can't find the post now but just wanted to let you know I finished Blown Away on Netflix and was pretty happy with it, definitely best of the two seasons IMO.

Now I'm watching a show called All That Giltters on HBO Max about making jewelry and it's pretty similar, am enjoying it quite a bit.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Alli I can't find the post now but just wanted to let you know I finished Blown Away on Netflix and was pretty happy with it, definitely best of the two seasons IMO.

Now I'm watching a show called All That Giltters on HBO Max about making jewelry and it's pretty similar, am enjoying it quite a bit.
I’ll have to look at that one too. I love making jewelry.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Battlestar Galactica, on Peacock. Not the original, you know, the good one. Season 1, episode 1, titled “33”, is one of TVs finest hours IMO.

I recently re-watched the entire series. Wonderful TV… one of my all-time favorites.

It's so good, and it contains one of the Top 10 greatest sci-fi scenes ever, I mean goddam, this is glorious - WARNING SPOILERS:

U

User.191

Battlestar Galactica, on Peacock. Not the original, you know, the good one. Season 1, episode 1, titled “33”, is one of TVs finest hours IMO.
I’m apparently in the minority that I also loved the series finale and thought it a fitting end considering the myths the entire series was based upon.

I was really pissed off when SyFy cancelled Caprica early though - it was just starting to truely cement the history then - blammo…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m apparently in the minority that I also loved the series finale and thought it a fitting end considering the myths the entire series was based upon.

I was really pissed off when SyFy cancelled Caprica early though - it was just starting to truely cement the history then - blammo…
I didn’t dislike the series finale. It just felt a little cheap.

Oh Caprica! That was a brilliant show. I felt really cheated when they cancelled that one.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

The special effects are holding up very well over a decade later. I think this show will always look good.

Unpopular opinion: I prefer the ending of Lost to BSG. It made more sense to me in the context of the show, but both endings are messy, I think.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Not necessarily binge-worthy but it's there, so a summertime lunch hour option on HBO Max: revisiting West Wing. Heh, some of the episodes certainly remind me now of conflicted feelings over Biden, in the parts where what got said during campaigns collides with what turns out to be feasible in office. It was ever so, but it's far more entertaining as TV drama rather than as current headlines in the Washington Post.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not necessarily binge-worthy but it's there, so a summertime lunch hour option on HBO Max: revisiting West Wing. Heh, some of the episodes certainly remind me now of conflicted feelings over Biden, in the parts where what got said during campaigns collides with what turns out to be feasible in office. It was ever so, but it's far more entertaining as TV drama rather than as current headlines in the Washington Post.
A White House filled with people that have good intentions sounds nice.

lizkat

Reaction score
A White House filled with people that have good intentions sounds nice.

Yeah I like the idealism in that series... which is tempered with plenty drama-demos of what else there's always on tap in American government. Funny how some of the episodes feel like they fit right into what's going on today, so many years later. Not that surprising though... the writers had assistance from real life past denizens of the White House under several administrations.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’ll have to look at that one too. I love making jewelry.
Another one we recently discovered is the Great Pottery Throwdown, excellent competition show. England really nails some of these.

lizkat

Reaction score
Another one we recently discovered is the Great Pottery Throwdown, excellent competition show. England really nails some of these.

I like that one too. Reminds me of a couple people I know who went to the Inamori School of Engineering in upstate NY (to gain expertise in glass manufacture) but managed to find time to sneak in a few elective courses on Alfred's more artistic side over at their College of Ceramics. One of them went on to take graduate work in pottery design and production, apparently having decided that was more appealing than competing to make glass for cars or for smartphone enclosures.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

It's kind of a Syfy staple to cancel shows, once you begin to really invest in them.

Digression: My favorite Syfy show of all time is Eureka. That show got goofy, good stories, some sci fi, all nailed down with a great 'every man' ( compared to a city where even the children were smarter than him ) hero.

A friend of mine has never forgiven Syfy for it's cancelling of Dark Matter.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
It's kind of a Syfy staple to cancel shows, once you begin to really invest in them.

Digression: My favorite Syfy show of all time is Eureka. That show got goofy, good stories, some sci fi, all nailed down with a great 'every man' ( compared to a city where even the children were smarter than him ) hero.

A friend of mine has never forgiven Syfy for it's cancelling of Dark Matter.
Hate the Syfy tradition of prematurely canceling shows. Loved Eureka, glad it got multiple seasons.

I enjoyed Dark Matter, glad it got multiple seasons too although the subsequent seasons didn’t quite live up to the bar set by the first. I’m sure the show would’ve had quite a cult following had it been cancelled after the first season instead.

U

User.45

I've watched all five seasons of The Expanse. Really enjoy the series. Wasn't as wild about S5 only because certain storylines were dragged out too long in my opinion.
You didn't like Space Baltimore?!:D That was my favorite part of the whole series:D Like humans become deep-space farers but somehow Baltimore remains the same. Got some incredible kick out of it.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
Bosch, Prime Video, police- crime drama, definitely bingable, and the 7th season is about to drop. I’m on season 3. :)
I have 3 episodes left of season 2. I love this show!

Shows we love that comes to mind:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Arrested Development
Ted Lasso

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
we LOVED that show! I miss it. Everytime we see those Maytag commercials it reminds me of Eureka

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 9.35.02 AM.png

Top Bottom
1 2