Binge worthy TV

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just watched two seasons of Miracle Workers. The first season was delightful. The second was just mildly entertaining. I was disappointed the cast didn’t stick to the roles they’d defined in season 1. I’ll watch season 3 as it is released.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Designated Survivor (ABC/Netflix 2016-19)- This bingeble thriller series starts with a literal bang as virtually all of members of Congress, the Administration, and SCOTUS die in a bombing attack on the Capitol, during a State of the Union address, leaving 2 Designated Survivors. The HUD Secretary finds himself as President of the United States walking into a viper’s nest. The kicker is who pulled the trigger??

CE8F373A-FE2D-49A7-B76B-68DF5556B412.jpeg

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the game but I started The Handmaid's Tale.....so damn good! Why did I wait so long?

I'm halfway through season 2.
Glad you're enjoying it. I've been sucked in since day 1 of season 1. But it definitely isn't a feel good series. I find the cast to be most excellent. Wait until Commander Lawrence (Bradley Whitford) shows up in a later season. I love every scene he's in.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying it. I've been sucked in since day 1 of season 1. But it definitely isn't a feel good series. I find the cast to be most excellent. Wait until Commander Lawrence (Bradley Whitford) shows up in a later season. I love every scene he's in.

Yeah, it definitely makes you think about current events for sure.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Designated Survivor (ABC/Netflix 2016-19)- This bingeble thriller series starts with a literal bang as virtually all of members of Congress, the Administration, and SCOTUS die in a bombing attack on the Capitol, during a State of the Union address, leaving 2 Designated Survivors. The HUD Secretary finds himself as President of the United States walking into a viper’s nest. The kicker is who pulled the trigger??

That was a great show, although I do have to confess I haven't watched the final few Netflix episodes.

It does seem all the more plausible since January 6, doesn't it?

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I enjoyed the series. They lost me for a while, but altogether it was a marvelous adventure with lots of old fashioned sword drama.
Yeah, and amongst “Shadow and Bone”, “Wu Assassin” and “Locke and Key”, we’re breaking things up and started “The Bureau of Magical Things”

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That was a great show, although I do have to confess I haven't watched the final few Netflix episodes.

It does seem all the more plausible since January 6, doesn't it?
Designated Survivor was excellent, largely on the strength of Kiefer Sutherland's portrayal of Tom Kirkman. Although the final season wasn't as good as the ones that preceded it, they were worth watching. Yes, there were many times I thought of current events, including the attack on the Capitol on January 6.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, and amongst “Shadow and Bone”, “Wu Assassin” and “Locke and Key”, we’re breaking things up and started “The Bureau of Magical Things”
All good shows, although I’ve not heard of Wu Assassin and will now have to search it. My husband claims that if it has magic and children I’ll watch it. Maybe there’s something to that….

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Season 2, episode 8 and the wife and agree we’ve seen enough. I recommend the first season. The second season is decent, but just not enough to keep us vested.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I just saw another season of Lucifer is coming???

I thought the series was over based on the finale of season 5….

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I just saw another season of Lucifer is coming???

I thought the series was over based on the finale of season 5….
Yes, season 6 is supposed to start dropping the month. I thought the ending of season 5 was reasonably satisfying, so I'm not at all sure what to expect in season 6, but you know bad stuff has to start from the get-go.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, season 6 is supposed to start dropping the month. I thought the ending of season 5 was reasonably satisfying, so I'm not at all sure what to expect in season 6, but you know bad stuff has to start from the get-go.
Well for one thing they have to get Detective Douche out of hell!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought Midnight Mass on Netflix was fantastic. It's hard to talk about without spoiling it so I'll just say there is an interesting twist. It comes at about the middle of the series and wihc givs them lots of time to explore it. There's a lot of double or deeper meaning in what happens. I'd give it a 9 out of 10, deducting 1 because sometimes the dialogue gets a little wordy. Not much of a spoiler here, but there's s scene where 2 characters ask each other what they think happens after you die and they both just ramble on endlessly about what they think happens. I suppose it adds to the deeper meaning but it's one of those situations where people don't really talk like that or as eloquently about a random question.

There were also some things that I thought were plot holes but after watching some YouTube explanation videos they really weren't. It was one of those things where you didn't really pay attention to something earlier that seemed meaningless.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I find it interesting that when I was a child in the early 1960s I used to watch I Love Lucy in reruns, and now 60 years later it is available to watch on Amazon Prime. My spouse has been binging it. I remember when they did their trip to Hollywood and stars were making guess appearances, John Wayne, William Holden. Robert Mitchum. :)

6A9575B1-08B6-49D4-B6CA-5E2568D5ECBE.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2