Binge worthy TV

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh fun, I have the boxed DVD sets, gave away most of our DVDs but had to keep those, let me check ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah!

IMG_0499 copy_1200.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ridley Scott produced scifi series Raised by Wolves drops today on HBO Max. Will probably check out after work.

Raised by Wolves revolves around an android, called the Mother, who was designed to nurture human children on a new, desolate-looking planet after the earth was destroyed due to a great war.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ridley Scott produced scifi series Raised by Wolves drops today on HBO Max. Will probably check out after work.

Raised by Wolves revolves around an android, called the Mother, who was designed to nurture human children on a new, desolate-looking planet after the earth was destroyed due to a great war.

Can’t wait for this one.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
EP 1 has an A- on AVClub, 8.9/10 on IMDB, 75% on RT, but as I understand it, most of those reviews were based on the 6 EP (out of 10) critic screeners.

I'm pretty stoked, even decent sci-fi is hard to come by.

OK. So I just finished episode 1. Could be really good. Interesting start.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, I see see Primal is on HBOMAXULTRAPLUS+

Very cool animated series, it was developed by Genndy Tartakovsky, who's worked on a ton of animated series, including the full creative monty for Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack (both just fantastic).

It's only 5 EPs, er, more are scheduled, who knows ...

So it's a caveman, and a dinosaur (trust me, it works ...), very violent, and there's __zero__ dialog. It's pretty brilliant.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, dude bro, but you're wrong. Cobra Kai was rad.
I’m holding you to that. Just finished ep 5. I’m being dragged along by pure nostalgia. I was 14 when Karate Kid came out and my first name is Dan. I’ve been called “Daniel-san” 100,000 times.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I’m holding you to that. Just finished ep 5. I’m being dragged along by pure nostalgia. I was 14 when Karate Kid came out and my first name is Dan. I’ve been called “Daniel-san” 100,000 times.

Geez, man. I'm sorry. :(

Though seriously. It's not what I'd call a great show, but it is a fun show. It's pure popcorn entertainment. Nothing less, nothing more.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Can’t wait for this one.
Just got done watching up to episode 3 and I won't give anything away but so far this show is absolutely terrific IMO. One of the best new shows I've seen since the early seasons of GOT.

So far, I love how they point out that both atheism and religion can be equally ridiculous. Additionally, it's hard to root for a good guy or a bad guy in this one as they both have redeeming qualities, I'm just interested in seeing where they go with it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got done watching up to episode 3 and I won't give anything away but so far this show is absolutely terrific IMO. One of the best new shows I've seen since the early seasons of GOT.

So far, I love how they point out that both atheism and religion can be equally ridiculous. Additionally, it's hard to root for a good guy or a bad guy in this one as they both have redeeming qualities, I'm just interested in seeing where they go with it.
Just finished episode 2. Unusual show, no idea where they’re going with this.

Top Bottom
1 2