Binge worthy TV

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This angle is intriguing if someone is behind the screen pulling the levers.

I know, right? I mean, as I mentioned, I haven't seen it yet, but been reading a lot about the show design, showrunner intent, where it might fall in the MCU continuum.

To not be too spoiler-y, consider the ending of the MCU Phase 3, then this show, then what we know about Phase 4 - there's definitely some connective tissue with the current/planned Disney shows :D

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know, right? I mean, as I mentioned, I haven't seen it yet, but been reading a lot about the show design, showrunner intent, where it might fall in the MCU continuum.

To not be too spoiler-y, consider the ending of the MCU Phase 3, then this show, then what we know about Phase 4 - there's definitely some connective tissue with the current/planned Disney shows :D
I never liked Marvel comics much as a kid other than G.I. Joe which wasn’t a part of the superhero universe. The movies have been pretty good quality though. I preferred the DC comics universe, but very few of them have been adapted well as movies.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
WandaVision anyone? I believe the first episode of this new Marvel series has dropped on Disney +. Deciding to watch it week to week or let 2 drop and watch 2 at a time
I mentioned this a few posts back. Haven't started it yet though. A friend of a similar age compared it to a cross between Bewitched and Dick VanDyke.
I'm planning on watching the first two EPs in the next day or so, I understand it's extremely "non-traditional" in the context of the MCU (though - and maybe, very much so - in the Dr. Strange wheelhouse [hint hint]).

We loved Legion (psychic combat visually represented as a dance fight? Hahaha, yes please ...), like a lot of surreal/fringe cinema, etc.

One of my fave Podcasts (we need a thread!), this week has as one topic: "Who is WandaVision for?" (also of note on this EP, discussion about Ethan Hawke playing "the villain" in the new Moon Knight series :D

I loved Legion so much in Season 1 describing it as some of the best TV I had ever watched, before it unraveled into such a mess.
Yes! Legion started out SO good! The cast was great, the story was great, the storytelling was great. And then they went off the rails.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watched the first two eps of Wandavision. I trust that studio to make it something interesting. Great cast, and Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany (sp?) are excellent leads. They’ve both got a camera presence and delivery that’s top notch.

That‘s one thing about the MCU: casting. They’ve knocked that out of the park over and over. It’s a critical element of their artistic success.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mentioned this a few posts back. Haven't started it yet though. A friend of a similar age compared it to a cross between Bewitched and Dick VanDyke.

Yes! Legion started out SO good! The cast was great, the story was great, the storytelling was great. And then they went off the rails.
I watched Legion too and it deserves alllll the praise. I dropped halfway through the second season though. I intend to finish but I’m on TV overload. I pick up shows faster than I drop them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I watched Legion too and it deserves alllll the praise. I dropped halfway through the second season though. I intend to finish but I’m on TV overload. I pick up shows faster than I drop them.
It’s as if the writer/ show creator lost his focus. Sure, emulate the comic, but please keep the story coherent!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I watched all of Legion and really enjoyed it; I did feel confused partway through it, but it came back together near the end of the series. Give me another year away from it and I’ll probably re-watch it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since Legion has come up I want to mention Noah Hawley’s other show, Fargo.

I‘ve watched almost all of it. I dropped out halfway through season 4. I like this show but season 2 is fucking incredible and I’d argue the best season of any show ever. If you’ve never tried this show and want instant satisfaction, go straight to season 2. It’s an anthology so it doesn’t matter.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Forgive me if I haven't read through every post of this thread but has anyone taken a look at Discovery Plus? For $6.99 a month you a TON of content ad free from all of their networks, History, Science, Discover, TLC, Food Network, Cooking Channel, etc all streaming every single season and episodes (seemingly) of their shows. Best money I'm spending on streaming content to date IMO.

I'm in the middle of a 2 year cable contract (with Xfinity) but couldn't tell you the last time I've actually watched cable. I have access to HBO Max and Peacock as part of the package but I'm really wondering what the tipping point is going to be or if they even care, meaning are they going to offer more of these internet streaming services as part of their cable package or are they going "Fuck it. Cut the cable. You're probably going to get your internet through us still anyway."

I used to be big into the Discovery Network stations but then slowly stopped being interested once they started leaning towards more reality shows. It's actually quite insulting. The original selling point of cable way back in the day was supposed to be no commercials. Then they instead shifted to still showing commercials but added more cable only channels. Now they are charging you, showing commercials, and cutting down on the quality of content to save production costs.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet. Shitty title right? This show is pretty good. I’m 4 eps in. Give it 2 episodes before you quit. Gets better fast. Apple TV+.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Has anyone here seen Outlander on Netflix? We watched the first season and while it's a great show the graphic and violent rape scenes are just too much for me to continue.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
One of my “kid” shows is back for a new season. I was very happy to watch Legacies this afternoon. I just can’t resist the crap they show on the CW.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I binge watched "The Flight Attendant" on HBOMax last week.

Good series! I wasn't expecting much but I was surprised. Kaley Cuoco did an excellent job in her role. I have only watched her on The Big Bang Theory but she was able to take on a more serious role without a problem. It's called "The Flight Attendant" but I don't think she spent a lot of time on the plane LOL It tackles some deep issues like alcoholism and childhood traumas. It wasn't what I expected at all. I thought it was going to be about some flight attendant and her escapades on the flights. I was wrong.

Season 1 is only 8 episodes so its a quick binge. I do know it has been approved for a 2nd season.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been binge playing more than binge watching lately but still managed to watch pretty much every BBC documentary on Discovery Plus. Discovery is now by far the most frequently fired up streaming service on my device. Love it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I binge watched "The Flight Attendant" on HBOMax last week.
She was great and the show was great. Everything about it was original and fresh. I don’t normally like mysteries, and this was basically a mystery. I loved it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen Outlander on Netflix? We watched the first season and while it's a great show the graphic and violent rape scenes are just too much for me to continue.
My wife watched most, if not all of it, I’ve seen bits and pieces, but was not pulled into it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm planning on watching the first two EPs in the next day or so, I understand it's extremely "non-traditional" in the context of the MCU (though - and maybe, very much so - in the Dr. Strange wheelhouse [hint hint]).

Oh, it's fun, it's good, caught up, and watched EP 5 this morning.

EP 4 has a __huge__ pivot o_O

EP5 there's a new character, well, "new", er, 'nuff said, hahaha, but it's goddamn AMAZING, I had a serious nerdgasm ... :love: :geek:

Top Bottom
1 2