Binge worthy TV

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm torn on this one, after all this time.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1360141083678826500/

Did he make up with his co creator Neil as well?
I applaud him for this move, he was able to successfully get them (at least Netflix) to pull it and then get compensation in return. For one person to wield this sort of social power against a juggernaut like Netflix says a lot. He's always been his own person and that's what made his show so successful. It appears both sides came out of this looking good, not too common these days.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I applaud him for this move, he was able to successfully get them (at least Netflix) to pull it and then get compensation in return. For one person to wield this sort of social power against a juggernaut like Netflix says a lot. He's always been his own person and that's what made his show so successful. It appears both sides came out of this looking good, not too common these days.
I applaud him as well, but what I refer to is the unintended fallout.

Chappelle walked away from a show that employed a fair bit of people who were unemployed thru no fault of their own.

On top of that, it affected his relationship with a person that was an important part of the show's success.

The Chappelle show I'd like, is the one where Dave's friend Neal Brenna is helping to create as well. So my question was, does that mean Neal would be back, since he had a hand in the show's success?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I applaud him as well, but what I refer to is the unintended fallout.

Chappelle walked away from a show that employed a fair bit of people who were unemployed thru no fault of their own.

On top of that, it affected his relationship with a person that was an important part of the show's success.

The Chappelle show I'd like, is the one where Dave's friend Neal Brenna is helping to create as well. So my question was, does that mean Neal would be back, since he had a hand in the show's success?

Fair point, he just really seemed to have a hard time taking it all in at the time. Have to wonder where he stands on it now, would love to see it brought back to life.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen Outlander on Netflix? We watched the first season and while it's a great show the graphic and violent rape scenes are just too much for me to continue.
I watched the first episode and it looks interesting, but seeing statement this makes me wonder - I don’t see how that would add anything to the story as I’m seeing it so far….

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I've read the Outlander books and watched every season. Yes, there is a lot of rape and without spoiling it, even worse. But it all balances out in the end. Not for everyone though. Same with those type of scenes in GOT.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I've read the Outlander books and watched every season. Yes, there is a lot of rape and without spoiling it, even worse. But it all balances out in the end. Not for everyone though. Same with those type of scenes in GOT.
I remember a time where such things could be indicated without being graphically shown. Never watched game of thrones… seemed like a “cool” thing to keep up with when it was new each week, but haven’t heard many people re-watching it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember a time where such things could be indicated without being graphically shown. Never watched game of thrones… seemed like a “cool” thing to keep up with when it was new each week, but haven’t heard many people re-watching it.
Oh, GOT is highly rewatchable. It lives up to the hype, IMO.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
This thread has gotten too long to check...is anyone watching The Expanse? I’m finally getting to it, 4 episodes watched. Very plot heavy, but promising.

Last edited:

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Loved Game of Thrones. Not the final ending so much. I usually read the books first and for me, that always makes the difference. As I mentioned above, graphic incidences aren't for everyone. But I have re-watched both Outlander and GOT more than once. I love a long series (book or televised) that you can climb inside and inhabit for a long while.

I hope the upcoming Wheel of Time series Amazon Prime is putting out, lives up to the WOT series.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
This thread has gotten to long to check...is anyone watching The Expanse? I’m finally getting to it, 4 episodes watched. Very plot heavy, but promising.
I've watched all five seasons of The Expanse. Really enjoy the series. Wasn't as wild about S5 only because certain storylines were dragged out too long in my opinion.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I watched the first season of the Expanse. Wasn’t for me. I tried reading the series upon which it’s based...just not for me.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I know, right? I mean, as I mentioned, I haven't seen it yet, but been reading a lot about the show design, showrunner intent, where it might fall in the MCU continuum.

To not be too spoiler-y, consider the ending of the MCU Phase 3, then this show, then what we know about Phase 4 - there's definitely some connective tissue with the current/planned Disney shows :D

Oh, it's fun, it's good, caught up, and watched EP 5 this morning.

EP 4 has a __huge__ pivot o_O

EP5 there's a new character, well, "new", er, 'nuff said, hahaha, but it's goddamn AMAZING, I had a serious nerdgasm ... :love: :geek:

EP06, OMG, how can this get any better ...

EP07, "Hold my beer ..."

It's so good, the wife actually got totally caught up in it, now, since PE06, we're watching together :D

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anybody who thought Apple would be avoiding any kind of risqué sexual content, their show ”Losing Alice” should put that to rest. It’s a creepy psychological thriller, but don’t watch it with the kids around….

Top Bottom
1 2