Binge worthy TV

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@JayMysteri0

Did you see this? Getting decent reviews, looks great to me, dig on the slightly darker turn. Queuing it up right now, er, will attempt to watch while knocking out some code.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I watched Season 3 of The Sinner - eh, wasn't impressed. I hated the ending. Seasons 1 and 2 were much better.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
@JayMysteri0

Did you see this? Getting decent reviews, looks great to me, dig on the slightly darker turn. Queuing it up right now, er, will attempt to watch while knocking out some code.

Crap, I’ll have to watch. The first one is so goofy and generic but we saw it in Imax 3D and that made it worth the watch.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I watched Season 3 of The Sinner - eh, wasn't impressed. I hated the ending. Seasons 1 and 2 were much better.

I think I made it like 3/4 through the first season and stopped, and by that point I already had forced myself to watch the previous couple episodes. I started losing interest and didn't like where it was going enough to make me want to find out how it all ends.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I think I made it like 3/4 through the first season and stopped, and by that point I already had forced myself to watch the previous couple episodes. I started losing interest and didn't like where it was going enough to make me want to find out how it all ends.

I liked the first 2 seasons but 3 was bleh.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I started POSE on Netflix - dang, why did I wait so long to watch this? I'm such a bad gay :LOL: I am on season 2 about 3 episodes deep out of 10 episodes.

Sad that I heard Season 3 coming out in May is the last season. Billy Porter and cast are really awesome. Love it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Any relation to...? 😄

91ec0f3e0545dec900fe57fe7366f729.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Any relation to...? 😄

The Sinner is kind of a cool concept, each season is a self-contained story, but there's a recurring detective character played by Bill Pullman who's just fantastic.

Anyway, the plot mechanism: they basically show the crime right up front, no question about who did it, the show is about the __why__. It's pretty compelling if you're into slow burn, dark, psychological mysteries. S01 and S02 are excellent, S03 we started, and didn't make it to E03 for no particular reason, but we plan on watching (again).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Lost Pirate Kingdom on Netflix is pretty good. It’s a docuseries that is part narration and part live action.

FUN FACT. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Shanghai Disneyland had to be designed around the movies because there’s no cultural connection to pirates for Chinese. As much as I love the US versions I’d say the Shanghai version is definitively better. The under the water and ship battle sections are epic.

Here’s a ride through video.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what any of you would refer to as binge worthy. But it's keeping me occupied in the evening: Grey's Anatomy. All 17 seasons, now in the middle of season 3. It started b/c I ran out of current episodes of New Amsterdam.

I know. I'm certifiable.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am watching “The One” on Netflix. It’s a show about a company that somehow figured out how to find your “perfect match” based on your DNA. Still deciding whether or not I like it, but the real reason for this post:

A character just walked out of his apartment and on the way out, clapped his hands to turn out the lights. I had no idea “The Clapper” was still a thing in 2021!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a big Marvel guy by any means, but have to admit I'm looking forward to the Loki series streaming on Disney+ in June.

Is it just me or is Disney+ leaning way too heavily on IP that isn't original Disney IP?

U

User.45

We just started Season 2 of The Boys. I enjoyed the goofiness of The Tick, but this really beats everything. It's impressive how they managed to double it as both a superhero parody and a statement on society.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Not a big Marvel guy by any means, but have to admit I'm looking forward to the Loki series streaming on Disney+ in June.
I have to admit I often feel all by myself on a windy limb in this forum being much more into Marvel than DC. I think my Comicon nerd neighbors had a lot to do with it. They brought me into the Marvel universe and they both don't care for DC. I've still enjoyed DC films though.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have to admit I often feel all by myself on a windy limb in this forum being much more into Marvel than DC. I think my Comicon nerd neighbors had a lot to do with it. They brought me into the Marvel universe and they both don't care for DC. I've still enjoyed DC films though.
I enjoy both. They’re kinda like two sides of the same coin.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

For me Marvel movies are good dumb fun but forgettable. I've seen most of them but couldn't tell you which is which. There are also several I didn't finish. DC movies are for the thinking man who finds dystopia entertaining. One criticism has stuck with me, Superman is supposed to be fun and there's nothing fun about this generation's Superman. Snyder should clearly be making horror movies but for some reason got stapled to DC and so is going as dark as they'll allow him.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I just saw the first episode of Krypton on the “CW Seed” app on my Apple TV. It’s an app that streams a bunch of CW (and other older) TV shows for free with ads. It looks like a good show so far. I will continue to watch.

Top Bottom
1 2