Binge worthy TV

U

User.45

Is this new Justice League movie considered good? (Serious question).

(It fits in here given the 4:3 aspect ratio)

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Good? No.

Watchable if you like the genre? Absolutely.
Different than the original? For sure.
Better than the original? Arguably.
Good as something standing on its own legs, ignoring the original? Frell no!

The aspect ratio works for me. The runtime does not.

U

User.45

Good? No.

Watchable if you like the genre? Absolutely.
Different than the original? For sure.
Better than the original? Arguably.
Good as something standing on its own legs, ignoring the original? Frell no!

The aspect ratio works for me. The runtime does not.
Is this like a recut? I honestly haven't watched any DC/Marvel stuff since 2002, with the exception of Batmans with Christian Bale and Batman vs. Superman on a flight, which was so bad my wife and I were teasing with each other with it for a year. So maybe I'm biased, but I just don't see how the hell these movies have such a large market.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Is this like a recut? I honestly haven't watched any DC/Marvel stuff since 2002, with the exception of Batmans with Christian Bale and Batman vs. Superman on a flight, which was so bad my wife and I were teasing with each other with it for a year. So maybe I'm biased, but I just don't see how the hell these movies have such a large market.
Yes, a new cut with lots added and some removed. To make it more like Batman vs. Superman one could say.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
There's a lengthy discussion on it somewhere in the forums. Worth reading through if you're unsure about committing yourself to a 4 hour movie.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Not by me. It’s a waste of valuable IP, but I assume possibly useful as a subscription drive for HBO Max.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Is it considered good? Well, it has a 72% score from the critics and a 95% positive score from the audience at Rotten Tomatoes, and an 8.2 out of 10 on IMDb. So yeah.

The restored version is a whole lot more coherent, has more character moments, and is more epic in style and scope.

I would easily recommend it over more recent DC stuff like "Birds of Prey" or "Aquaman".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Is it considered good? Well, it has a 72% score from the critics and a 95% positive score from the audience at Rotten Tomatoes, and an 8.2 out of 10 on IMDb. So yeah.

The restored version is a whole lot more coherent, has more character moments, and is more epic in style and scope.

I would easily recommend it over more recent DC stuff like "Birds of Prey" or "Aquaman".
If you’re a glutton for punishment, you could try to watch the birds of prey tv show from the late 90s (or maybe early 2000s?). It’s on some free streaming services….

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

95% positive? Wow! Pretty sure the audience must be mostly people who are into the genre, already saw the original cut and are using that one as a baseline then...

U

User.45

I think i'm about a quarter century too old for this movie:D I can't stand the amount of CGI. The subliminal messaging level Under Armour ad (brief reflection of logo in store window) made me puke in my mouth. Luckily, they've followed it up with a not so subliminal UA ad. Gal Gadot's narration is really bad. I know this is supposed to be a jam packed movie but this tempo makes the flow ridic at places. Oh and Willem Dafoe as waterdude? I still remember him being that evil dude from the first SpiderMan movie. Are we now recycling actors for superhero movies?!

Not my cup of tea:)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Outlander (2014- Starz/Netflix)- I’m on Season 1. Definitely binge worthy! :)

276B2DA9-F2CD-4BDB-BFDA-4C7B285CBC3B.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
jeremiah-valeska-gotham-1546516489.jpg

Gotham, a favorite of mine (Netflix). I'm actually hop-skipping around the series and am watching the rise of Jeremiah Veleska (end of season 4).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
New series on Netflix: Jupiter's Legacy. Totally different from any other superhero show I've ever seen. It's a family affair, and every family has its problems. Watched 3 episodes last night and can't wait to watch more tonight!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
New series on Netflix: Jupiter's Legacy. Totally different from any other superhero show I've ever seen. It's a family affair, and every family has its problems. Watched 3 episodes last night and can't wait to watch more tonight!
To provide a little extra context, it's by the creator of Wanted, Kick Ass, & Kingsman. You might notice a through line through all of those creations. So the creator isn't shy of doing a thing or two to grab one's attention,

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.. just finished watching. I didn’t expect much, but I ended up liking it. I downloaded the graphic novels using the Libby app linked to my local library card and will be reading them this week I think.

Top Bottom
1 2