Binge worthy TV

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding Wolves. Can’t wait for the next episode. The religious aspect makes it a show worth watching. I’m surprised the Catholic Church hasn’t called for a boycott.

Mother and Father are following their programming. They are not inherently evil. The interesting thing now is that the couple with stolen identities are probably from the faction that programmed the androids. It is interesting how magpie their behavior is. Not only did they move into the faces of another couple, but they have really bought into having a son that they need to protect.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Regarding Wolves. Can’t wait for the next episode. The religious aspect makes it a show worth watching. I’m surprised the Catholic Church hasn’t called for a boycott.

Mother and Father are following their programming. They are not inherently evil. The interesting thing now is that the couple with stolen identities are probably from the faction that programmed the androids. It is interesting how magpie their behavior is. Not only did they move into the faces of another couple, but they have really bought into having a son that they need to protect.
That's an interesting theory, we don't really get their backgrounds before they stole the identities. Any thoughts on why Campion is the only one not affected by the radiation? I think something's up with that.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And is anybody else REALLY pissed off by the way season 2 of Doom Patrol just suddenly ended?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So I’ve learned to accept Lovecraft Country as good dumb fun, but what I can’t stand is a period piece that randomly throws in current music. It completely takes you out of it. And this isn’t my place as a white guy, but I find it kind of offensive that the main cast is black and they throw in current Hip Hop music because of course they do. If it was a choice decided on by everybody then fine, still don’t appreciate somebody playing current club DJ in the middle of a period piece.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, I had a different complaint. There were parts of the fourth episode I just didn't buy. The biggest was when after walking what looked like miles of wet tunnel, Atticus, Letitia and Montrose then come to and cross that infinite-looking chasm on a narrow plank, aided in the darkness only by a flashlight and kerosene lamp. I'm sorry, the bravest man in the world would've turned around and said "Fuck that!"

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I had a different complaint. There were parts of the fourth episode I just didn't buy. The biggest was when after walking what looked like miles of wet tunnel, Atticus, Letitia and Montrose then come to and cross that infinite-looking chasm on a narrow plank, aided in the darkness only by a flashlight and kerosene lamp. I'm sorry, the bravest man in the world would've turned around and said "Fuck that!"

For my viewing that was just par for the course. Beyond even the supernatural element, the show is riddled with "that would never happen" moments. The whole moving into a house in an all white neighborhood storyline is chalked full of over the top stereotypical characters and behaviors, from both sides, that wouldn't have been handled by either completely being ignored or going downtown for 10 minutes and then just repeat the same behavior and outcome daily.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@Alli did you get a chance to see the last two episodes of Raised by Wolves? They left us on a great cliff hangar for next week.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Alli did you get a chance to see the last two episodes of Raised by Wolves? They left us on a great cliff hangar for next week.

I saved this week’s episode of both Wolves and Lovecraft for tonight since there’s no Rachael Maddow on the weekend.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I saved this week’s episode of both Wolves and Lovecraft for tonight since there’s no Rachael Maddow on the weekend.
Ahh, I see. They released two episodes on Thursday and we watched both that night, it's really addictive!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok my dudes. This week’s episode of Lovecraft. Loved the arc through gender and color. Very well done. But WTF was the last scene? Just a teaser for next week?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I just watched episode 1 of HBO’s The Third Day.

It starts with a man (Jude Law) in the woods witnessing a girl hanging herself. He rescues her, but that leads him to this little island where the people are...weird.

So far it’s got a very strong “Wicker Man” vibe, with a hint of “The Purge”. References to druids and satanism and possible human sacrifices.

And like many HBO shows, it’s got its own “look”—exaggerated depth of field, weird tints.... Nothing else looks quite like it.

I think I’m already hooked.

6F9BE397-D5F3-4AD1-888E-6C7F48FB86A1.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just watched episode 1 of HBO’s The Third Day.

It starts with a man (Jude Law) in the woods witnessing a girl hanging herself. He rescues her, but that leads him to this little island where the people are...weird.

So far it’s got a very strong “Wicker Man” vibe, with a hint of “The Purge”. References to druids and satanism and possible human sacrifices.

And like many HBO shows, it’s got its own “look”—exaggerated depth of field, weird tints.... Nothing else looks quite like it.

I think I’m already hooked.

Sounds like my kinda show!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I have to admit that while I’ve seen both “Wicker” movies, I only know about “The Purge” by reputation. A review I saw of “The Third Day” compared it more to a cross between “Wicker” and “Midsommar”.

At least it doesn’t have Nicholas Cage in it. 😁

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This looks like something I will enjoy.

When I found out the brunette female is Caitlyn Jenner I was like, damn. Not in a negative way or "I'd hit that" way, but more that I don't think I've ever seen her in a scenario that wasn't "try not to gawk at the country's most famous trans person." I'm not used to that angle not being forced on me. Without that I didn't recognize her at first. She just looked vaguely familiar.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Ok my dudes. This week’s episode of Lovecraft. Loved the arc through gender and color. Very well done. But WTF was the last scene? Just a teaser for next week?
In theory, great idea, especially Ruby seeing that in some ways the grass isn't necessarily greener. In practice...seeing her painfully shedding hunks of flesh like so much soft, rotting meat--repeatedly--was just gross. That one definitely went into the red zone on my revolt-o-meter. I'm hoping to see better next week.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
New trailer. 2 weeks to go.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the use of a slow instrumental version of Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, but I realize that type of thing is a thing now and doesn't reflect the quality of the movie or show. Mike Flanagan hasn't let me down yet. Use of a real version or slight remix of a popular pop or rock song for a fantasy or horror movie pretty much guarantees it will be shit.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I keep seeing previews for Utopia on Amazon. That looks like something I will truly enjoy.

Meanwhile, The Third Day is kinda meh....

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, The Third Day is kinda meh....

Did you watch the 2nd episode? I don't think it's ground breaking by any means, and very Wicker Man/Midsommer, but it's still a premise they can go to interesting places. If nothing else it's a good probable view of the type of communities Trump supporters will be creating and escaping to eventually, the sooner the better.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did you watch the 2nd episode? I don't think it's ground breaking by any means, and very Wicker Man/Midsommer, but it's still a premise they can go to interesting places. If nothing else it's a good probable view of the type of communities Trump supporters will be creating and escaping to eventually, the sooner the better.

Yup, watched the 2nd episode. Unlike Wicker Man, this guy is chasing his own demons, but otherwise total Wicker Man vibes. I expect to be very disappointed come the third day.

Top Bottom
1 2