Binge worthy TV

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yup, watched the 2nd episode. Unlike Wicker Man, this guy is chasing his own demons, but otherwise total Wicker Man vibes. I expect to be very disappointed come the third day.
It was already too dreamy/surreal with all the blurred lines between reality and his visions, then some writer apparently thought they needed a hit of acid on top of all that to ramp things up. That's when I tuned out, I didn't even finish the second episode.

However, I'm still all in with Raised by Wolves, loving this show.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just watched the two episodes of Wolves released this week. Holy shit! Sometimes I feel like I'm watching something in the "Alien" universe.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’m digging Raised by Wolves also. Preferring it to Lovecraft by a wide margin.
I personally liked the show but it was creeping my wife out so we stopped watching.

I just watched the two episodes of Wolves released this week. Holy shit! Sometimes I feel like I'm watching something in the "Alien" universe.
Yes, it's an extremely well written show IMO. I also think this is what Westworld could have been had they not made it so confusing and hard to follow, which frankly sucked the entertainment value out of it for me.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, it's an extremely well written show IMO. I also think this is what Westworld could have been had they not made it so confusing and hard to follow, which frankly sucked the entertainment value out of it for me.

West World pretty much lost me at episode one of the second season where it started being about the androids entering the outside world. I'm not a big sci-fi person to begin with, but on this show the historical western theme park setting was somewhat keeping my interest.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Please! Please! Please! Make THIS happen, I will even be nice to people ( I will try ), and not think the worst of other PRSI ( Am I getting across how much I want this to be true? ) posters!!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
West World pretty much lost me at episode one of the second season where it started being about the androids entering the outside world. I'm not a big sci-fi person to begin with, but on this show the historical western theme park setting was somewhat keeping my interest.
I actually loved the movie from the 70s, fun, innovative and entertaining all the way. HBO just went off the deep end with it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Please! Please! Please! Make THIS happen, I will even be nice to people ( I will try ), and not think the worst of other PRSI ( Am I getting across how much I want this to be true? ) posters!!
Would be awesome but if they Disney it all up Jackson won't be able to tell a gotdamned mother fucker off, I have concerns about this.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I actually loved the movie from the 70s, fun, innovative and entertaining all the way. HBO just went off the deep end with it.

I never saw the original. HBO should have just kept it within the, um, West World. Usually aside from a few exceptions, I'm not sure which premise I find more boring, androids or zombies.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
if you like lots of nudity crazy dysfunctional families on a scale you have never seen before and craziness try shameless on Netflix. the show is epic in craziness unexpected plots.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Loved it as well. Yul Brenner was exceptional, scary and sexy at the same time. But I also adored the sequel, FutureWorld with Peter Fonda.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
“Westworld” had a slightly weak ending, but most of it was great fun, with the heroes doing a lot of whoring and brawling, having a raucous time all the way. That’s not something you could say for the TV series, which took itself so frickin’ seriously.

U

User.45

“Westworld” had a slightly weak ending, but most of it was great fun, with the heroes doing a lot of whoring and brawling, having a raucous time all the way. That’s not something you could say for the TV series, which took itself so frickin’ seriously.
Agree. New WW was pretentious AF, and Seasons 1 and 2 were a giant bluff. Luckily they scrapped most of it for Season 3, which was just a cyberpunk galore with tributes to Ghost in the Shell, Akira, but mostly Neuromancer trilogy (and Matrix, which is a Neuromancer rip-off). I ended up enjoying it a LOT!

U

User.45

What's really binge-worthy is the Cosmos series. It is one of the most coherent science documentary show's I've ever seen. It's so good it gets my jaws dropped all the time and makes me want to become a scientist all over again. It's so good that even my toddler asks me to watch it.

U

User.45

The Sagan version or the deGrasse Tyson version? Both were good.
I've been watching the deGrasse Tyson version, which is mainly the Sagan one on steroids. Both are good, but deGrasse Tyson polished it to perfection in the first series, and was able to maintain 90% of that polish with 150% scientific intrigue in the second season.

I've watched some of the original Sagan ones too. Brilliant, but it will take years for me to be able to get my daughter to appreciate that. (she's only 3)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rewatched the Haunting of Hill House this past week.

The 5 children as adults representing the 5 stages of grief has been confirming by Mike Flanagan. 😯 Brilliant.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sooooooo....anyone else watched the season finale to Wolves? Cause if you’d forgotten it was a Ridley Scott production, this was a big reminder.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sooooooo....anyone else watched the season finale to Wolves? Cause if you’d forgotten it was a Ridley Scott production, this was a big reminder.
Yes and ummm, just WT actual F?

That said, it was an excellent show, looking forward to a second season if for no other reason to explain the ending of this one.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Boys second season is going down well for me. Just finished episode 6.

I finished hate watching Cobra Kai, season 2. I‘ve criticized this show relentlessly but could NOT stop watching. I’ve gotta say, with the finale, you could tell they were really trying. Grading on a curve, it ends strong.

Top Bottom
1 2