Books: And What Are You Reading?

Huntn

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Started Neuromancer (1984), so far so good! More comments to follow. :)

1CA2FDC3-5838-483F-9F49-277AD8A16E7E.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
@Huntn: I must say to you that I have revised my opinion of the "century" trilogy by Ken Follett; I re-read it - in its entirety - last week, and must admit that it is extremely good.

Detailed comments to follow in due course.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got Obama’s book on Audible (29 hours, that’s a lot of rhetoric). I didn’t get it because I’m a big Obama fan, but because my roommate got it, said it was good, and said Obama addresses some of the concerns over policies I didn't agree with. He’s way more of an establishment Democrat and I’m way more of a Progressive cynical of Democrats. I’m interested to hear why he increased our wars, bailed out Wall St and the banks, was pro letting foreign countries have our jobs, and if he ever considered just being white. All the rest of our Presidents succeeded at being white, so what’s Obama’s problem?

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Re-visiting some old favourites by Elizabeth Moon, and making the acquiantance of some of her books that I have not yet read.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I am reading yet more books by Elizabeth Moon: space operas, with female protagonists - what is there not to like?- (who almost invariably have a military background - Moon, who was a first lieutenant with the Marines, writes very well about the military, her military settings work very well, and she does female friendship, and families, family relationships - and writes about older women, exceptionally well, also.)

Top Bottom