Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'll just say this... ever since Trump was elected, I've got to know the Binny's employees on first-name basis. I was strolling down the isle when one of the guys stocking the shelves looked over and said "Hey Mike, how's it going? That'll get you guys through the weekend." True story. He was kidding of course.

Now I need to start wearing a thicker mask, sunglasses and a hat when I go to the store. :ROFLMAO:

This is fantastic, because I had the same thing happen at out Pubs (Publix) liquor store - more than once.

Guy asked me if I owned a restaurant, I guess become of my recurring purchase pattern.

I was like, "umm, we have lots of ...", he kind of jumped in realizing the bad vibe, "oh, oh, I meant, because I see you on the same day"

I actually thought it was funny, I said, "Oh well, we buy for the whole block ..." (we don't)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Beer o'clock on a Friday night beckons.
I used to work at a craft brewery (Widmer Bros, with over 30 brands) and they have kegs in some of their conference rooms. I swear if we had meetings after noon people were too tipsy to remember anything. Also, it was one of the coolest jobs I've ever had šŸ˜ we got "payday beer".

So every two weeks we would get 1.5 to 2 cases of beer to take home with us, one of the perks. It got to where I accumulated so much that it got to where I couldn't even give it away, my friends stopped picking up the phone because they knew why I was calling.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I used to work at a craft brewery (Widmer Bros, with over 30 brands) and they have kegs in some of their conference rooms. I swear if we had meetings after noon people were too tipsy to remember anything. Also, it was one of the coolest jobs I've ever had šŸ˜ we got "payday beerr.

So every two weeks we would get 1.5 to 2 cases of beer to take home with us, one of the perks. It got to where I accumulated so much that it got to where I couldn't even give it away, my friends stopped picking up the phone because they knew why I was calling.

Sounds as though it was a brilliant job.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I used to work at a craft brewery (Widmer Bros, with over 30 brands) and they have kegs in some of their conference rooms. I swear if we had meetings after noon people were too tipsy to remember anything. Also, it was one of the coolest jobs I've ever had šŸ˜ we got "payday beer.

I worked for awhile in the IT group of Time Inc. during the glory days of Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated etc., helping them build a new ad revenue system. It was fairly staid among the offices at Time itself, although like the other mags in their stable back then, if someone was departing the company on good terms they threw a high-shelf "pour" right in the offices, starting around 4pm of the day and wearing on into the evening until someone said oh let's call it a day and go out for some actual drinks.

And it was usually pretty buttoned down at Fortune as well except maybe after they had finally put one of the Fortune 500 issues to bed. But Fortune staffers didn't kid around. Their IT liaison manager slammed a tape recorder down on the table and hit the record button after our team and hers had been seated in a conference room for the first time on a subproject: OK, let's get started here, we haven't got all day. Wow, I thought. So this is what it's like when everyone on the floor has an MBA and wants the corner office.

However, things at Sports Illustrated were different. Never quite got used to what I might encounter up in their domain. Elevator door opened one morning around 8:45 as I was heading to a meeting and a young woman wearing a tank top and shorts got in carrying a couple file folders and an open bottle of Heineken's. She pressed the already lit button for the floor I was headed to, then sighed and nodded at me, rolling her eyes and waving the open bottle, then taking a hefty swig. I said good morning and trotted out my next line for such occasions: "That kind of day already?" and she guffawed and said oh this place, you have NO IDEA, I'm on my third and it's not even time for a break yet is it?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Celebration has __arrived__!

62533296523__4106B63F-398B-45D0-AFCE-D9DD7622A3BE_1200.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's beer time, I abstain Mon - Thu to watch my girlish figure ...

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's beer time, I abstain Mon - Thu to watch my girlish figure ...

If you were to drink everyday then you would probably get to a point where you donā€™t care about your figure. And if you drink beer in the company of other beer aficionados, they wonā€™t care about your girly figure either. In fact, they wonā€™t care about much of anything. :ROFLMAO:

Ignorance is bliss...

Top Bottom
1 2