Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
4 Roses Small batch in Fever Tree ginger beer ... amazing.

Oh, and it's the "light" version of their ginger beer :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Because beer is not just for breakfast anymore!

As a student, one summer, (when I was working as an unusually useless chambermaid - a zimmermadchen - in a five star hotel in Heidelberg) I happened to see, in fact, I chanced upon, a rehearsal of the play (operetta) The Student Prince, in the grounds of Heidelberg Castle, where the actor playing the Prince (a Brit, the rest of the cast were German) called out the immortal lines in an authentically cheerful tone: "Champagne! Champagne for breakfast.." as he attempted to uncork a bottle of the aforementioned sparkling beverage.

I can honestly say that I had never heard of such a thing, - I was not just awestruck, but wildly impressed - and I ended up going for beers on more than a few occasions with the authentically cast (German) inn-keeper, whose appetite for both food and beer was impressive and prodigious.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Besides achieving total consciousness at death I’ve reached the coveted Grand Reserve status before November. 💪

Now if I could only win the coveted Silver Sow Award like Les Nessman.

B8931E3F-E456-46AE-B27C-DE6D90CCEEC5.jpeg

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Sitting here nursing a bottle of Côtes du Rhône.

I rarely drink to steady my nerves, but I am more jittery about the election than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! (And I'm not even American!)

Cheers.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sitting here nursing a bottle of Côtes du Rhône.

I rarely drink to steady my nerves, but I am more jittery about the election than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! (And I'm not even American!)

Cheers.

I hear you.

And echo your sentiments.

Cheers.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
You, me. Fight Club, now!

Whenever I have a really geeky experiment in progress, I casually refer to it as "Project Mayhem", although typically I'll do that once, then cease talking about the current one further.

Also I purchased a nice Unibroue beer which I intend to consume in celebration of the election results.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I have a bottle of beer already sitting on the kitchen table-cloth, awaiting my attention.

Tonight's will be an enjoyable glass of beer, also.

Top Bottom
1 2