Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Erdinger Dunkel (a dark, German beer); wonderful.

Back when I still brewed my own batches, my favorite recipe was for a Hefeweizen Dopplebock. My last batch was pretty heavy though @ ~11% ABV. It was deceptively smooth and didn't really taste of alcohol. If I was a bigger alcohol person and didn't sell my gear, I'd definitely make more.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Back when I still brewed my own batches, my favorite recipe was for a Hefeweizen Dopplebock. My last batch was pretty heavy though @ ~11% ABV. It was deceptively smooth and didn't really taste of alcohol. If I was a bigger alcohol person and didn't sell my gear, I'd definitely make more.
Sounds absolutely delicious.

I love dark German beers.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Gin and tonic, with Fords Gin and Fever Tree "light" tonic, pretty fantastic, Fords is a favorite, it's an excellent gin (big on the juniper/citrus, a real "modern" type gin), love the packaging, and Fever Tree is a "reference" mixer. :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Am sipping an Erdinger Dunkel (a lovely German dark beer).

As the nights draw in, and winter approaches, I find that my preferences increasingly turn to dark, rich, luscious, beers, whereas I quite like the IPA style in summer.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I sipped, savored and thoroughly enjoyed a Trappistes Rochefort 8 - actually, two of them - last night.

A perfect winter beverage.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Ah, been a while since I've had the pleasure of a Trappistes Rochefort 8! It's been really waaaaaay too long since I've made an excursion to the store in my area which sells all the various Trappiste Rocheforts plus various and sundry other delights by other wonderful breweries. Rochefort 8 is definitely one of my favorites. I've missed. it. One of these days I really, really need to remedy that situation!

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I never tried Trappist, but sometimes I miss having a Chimay on occasion. I really liked their bleue, Rouge and blanche. I don't think I tried their 150.

Oops, just looked up Trappist. Now I'm confused.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ah, been a while since I've had the pleasure of a Trappistes Rochefort 8! It's been really waaaaaay too long since I've made an excursion to the store in my area which sells all the various Trappiste Rocheforts plus various and sundry other delights by other wonderful breweries. Rochefort 8 is definitely one of my favorites. I've missed. it. One of these days I really, really need to remedy that situation!
It is a superb beer, and I must say that I really enjoyed it.

In fact, I shall purchase a few tomorrow, now that you mention it......

Top Bottom
1 2