Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My beer was delivered.

I am currently sipping (and savouring) a St Bernardus Abt 12.

Perfect on a winter's evening.
I never tried Trappist, but sometimes I miss having a Chimay on occasion. I really liked their bleue, Rouge and blanche. I don't think I tried their 150.

Oops, just looked up Trappist. Now I'm confused.
There are a number of Trappist monasteries - most of which are found in Belgium - which brew excellent (and, in some cases, superb) beer.

Despite being described as "Trappist" (those that follow, or adhere to, Trappist rules), the monks in these monasteries differ from one another, and come from different religious orders.

However, one of these monasteries brews a beverage which goes by the name of Trappistes Rochefort with a number added; these numbers denote strength and type. Thus, the Trappistes Rochefort 6 is a superb interpretation of the classic Belgian "Dubbel", whereas the superlative Trappistes Rochefort 10 is considered one of the best possible examples of the Belgian style that goes by the name of a "quadrupel" (rich, dark, luscious, and highly alcoholic).

However, the beer that @Clix Pix and I have discussed and described - the Trappistes Rochefort 8, a lovely beer - is not a "triple" (for, such beers are gold, not dark) but, nevertheless, in terms of taste and strength it lies between the Trappistes Rochefort 6 and the Trappistes Rochefort 10.

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
My beer was delivered.

I am currently sipping (and savouring) a St Bernardus Abt 12.

Perfect on a winter's evening.

There are a number of Trappist monasteries - most of which are found in Belgium - which brew excellent (and, in some cases, superb) beer.

Despite being described as "Trappist" (those that follow, or adhere to, Trappist rules), the monks in these monasteries differ from one another, and come from different religious orders.

However, one of these monasteries brews a beverage which goes by the name of Trappistes Rochefort with a number added; these numbers denote strength and type. Thus, the Trappistes Rochefort 6 is a superb interpretation of the classic Belgian "Dubbel", whereas the superlative Trappistes Rochefort 10 is considered one the best possible examples of the Belgian style that goes by the name of a "quadrupel" (rich, dark, luscious, and highly alcoholic).

However, the beer that @Clix Pix and I have discussed and described - the Trappistes Rochefort 8, a lovely beer - is not a "triple" (for, such beers are gold, not dark) but, nevertheless, in terms of taste and strength it lies between the Trappistes Rochefort 6 and the Trappistes Rochefort 10.
Yes, I did some further investigation, I can't enjoy, but it's always good to learn.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Is the bottle wrapped in straw?

After it's empty, you can do this!

1669399344946.png

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
.. some easily made hot toddies for a happy hour yesterday - put Canadian whiskey in mine, and vodka in hers -- some flavourful warmth.

unnamed-1.jpg

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
.. a first try of a Cuban rum gifted to me recently for my birthday .. a little soothing warmth on a cold winter's day here -- it brought back some fond (and rum-warmed) memories of my trips/stays in Cuba way back in the 1970's.

o.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A crate of beer (mostly Trappistes Rochefort and several bottles of St Bernardus) was delivered today.

Enjoyed a single beer this evening, a St Bernardus Abt 12, a Belgian winter classic

Top Bottom
1 2