Boss Day (At least in the US)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Boss day is utter BS; I will never participate in it. Bosses don't need a special day - they got promoted and are the boss already! Why not have a "billionaire day" where everybody in the country sends presents to all the billionaires?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My boss started the company I work for from ground up with basically no money in his pocket about 7 years ago. Now it's a thriving consulting firm and it's all a direct result of his hard work that has kept us all gainfully employed as a result. As far as bosses goes, they don't get much cooler than that.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I became a "boss" because unfortunately in IT there aren't a lot of opportunities for promotions after you reach a certain level. Unless of course you are smart enough to be a Patent Fellow where a company will make you VP of engineering where you still manage technology. Eventually all roads in IT lead to management, and unless the company is willing to train you in leadership you will become a bad boss (I have made my fair share of mistakes). What they don't tell you is that managing people is 90% dealing with people problems. I got into IT because I like technology... Technology I understand, people I don't.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Hmmmm… Boss Day. Only saw this now.
Ah well. we'll treat our cat extra special tonight. 😾

Extra tuna!

Edit: It's a bit like working for Miranda Priestly. We live in permanent obeisance and fear.
20 years old and she shouts at us if things aren't just… perfect.
Heat.
Food.
Silence.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Hmmmm… Boss Day. Only saw this now.
Ah well. we'll treat our cat extra special tonight. 😾

Extra tuna!

Edit: It's a bit like working for Miranda Priestly. We live in permanent obeisance and fear.
20 years old and she shouts at us if things aren't just… perfect.
Heat.
Food.
Silence.

This gives a whole new meaning to the saying "a cat may look at a king.."

Top Bottom
1 2