Brag about your vaccination

Renzatic

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Haha man flu

I remember watching my first daughter being born the natural way and thinking ‘fucking hell that looks painful’ lol. I don’t think us men are built for that level of pain!

I once called into work after stubbing my toe. It hurt SO BAD, there was no way I could do anything for the rest of the day.

Pumbaa

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The pains women feel during childbirth are approximately the same as what a man feels when he has a slight fever.
Pretty much this 1994 ad then. Don‘t think subtitles are necessary. If you ever meet swedes old enough to have seen this one, just quote it even if you have no clue what it means. The perfect conversation starter!

Hopefully I’ll deal with my shot better than the guy in the ad deals with his cold, but who knows? I cancelled all my plans for the rest of the week just in case... 😬

Renzatic

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Hopefully I’ll deal with my shot better than the guy in the ad deals with his cold, but who knows? I cancelled all my plans for the rest of the week just in case... 😬

...that poor dude. :(

Even at the worst, I doubt it'll be so bad you won't enjoy a good chunk your week off. For me, the worst part about it was the waiting. Well, that, and feeling like someone gave me a good slug to the arm for a couple of days.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Team Moderna ALL THE WAY!!!!! Go, Team, GO!!!!!!!!
Oh, it's so on!

abstract-1780299_1280.jpg
Team Pfizer, practice is this Saturday. Bring your own water bottle.

And, uh, remember how Myles Garrett uses his helmet when a Steelers quarterback is around.

Not that I'm suggesting anything. Just saying'.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, it's so on!

Team Pfizer, practice is this Saturday. Bring your own water bottle.

And, uh, remember how Myles Garrett uses his helmet when a Steelers quarterback is around.

Not that I'm suggesting anything. Just saying'.

Not to derail the fun being had here, but it reminded me of a valid response to one of the top national healthcare detractors’ excuses – “It will take away your choice!”. What are they talking about? When you have employer provided health insurance they go “Here’s who provides our coverage. Take it or leave it.”. It’s not like they hand you a catalog of all the different insurance providers available and tell you to pick whatever you want.

I’m just saying I went with whoever had an appointment available and which vaccine they had at that appointment wasn’t an option.

Renzatic

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Not to derail the fun being had here, but it reminded me of a valid response to one of the top national healthcare detractors’ excuses – “It will take away your choice!”. What are they talking about? When you have employer provided health insurance they go “Here’s who provides our coverage. Take it or leave it.”. It’s not like they hand you a catalog of all the different insurance providers available and tell you to pick whatever you want.

Say what you will about having to choose between two bad options, you can take some comfort in knowing that you at least were given the right to choose HOW you were fucked.

...and isn't Morton's Fork what America is all about?

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
The pains women feel during childbirth are approximately the same as what a man feels when he has a slight fever.
Oh I don't now about that. The nurse at my vein clinic said that the pain of dealing with varicose vein treatment is a close second (and yes, it really does suck, don't let the commercials fool you). That and shingles. :)

That said, I got my second shot this past Monday, and let me tell you- Tuesday was no picnic. My brain was so foggy I couldn't get any work done. But Wednesday I felt great.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Oh I don't now about that. The nurse at my vein clinic said that the pain of dealing with varicose vein treatment is a close second (and yes, it really does suck, don't let the commercials fool you). That and shingles. :)

That said, I got my second shot this past Monday, and let me tell you- Tuesday was no picnic. My brain was so foggy I couldn't get any work done. But Wednesday I felt great.
Can relate with the brain fog, I was definitely out of it for a couple of days. Contrats! Now go get your badge here (see first post). :mrgreen:

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Shingles is rough - I've had it, and was on sick leave for the best part of six weeks (the only time in my life I have had to take more than a couple of days off sick, which was usually for a cold or flu).

Meanwhile, I have just received an email; am due to receive the vaccine tomorrow.

Top Bottom