Breakfast/lunch/Dinner, what are you having?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s a ramen hack I learned recently. Can’t believe I haven’t done this before. Just use basic cheap ramen packs.

Fresh garlic and ginger (chopped). Sauté in olive oil

Make ramen in same pot (with packet if you like)

Add in one scoop of peanut butter per serving

Add spices (cayenne pepper, sesame seeds, coriander, red pepper flakes)

Serve with fresh cilantro, lime juice, and green onions on top

So, so good. You can obviously play with the spices to your preference. Hard to screw this up.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A hack that has only dawned on me over the past year, and it works really well, adding depth and flavour to whatever dish you have in mind to prepare: Cook pasta, or noodles, or ramen, in stock (rather than in boiling water). If you don't have homemade stock (an occasional luxury, sometimes, I will poach chicken which will give me a super stock that I can use as soup, or for risotto, or paella, but also goes superbly well with pasta, or ramen noodles) a decent quality stock cube will readily suffice instead.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Today I'm using the last of a bonanza of little market-sized yellow summer squash they still had on offer at Aldi's when I re-upped on fresh produce. That squash doesn't come from around here in winter, but it's a favorite of mine for a sauté of mixed veggies. So for lunch I sauteéd in olive oil a little minced garlic, some sliced onions and baby bella mushrooms with half-rounds of the yellow squash, a handful of spinach, some julienned carrot... seasoned with Mediterranean herbs, salt, a couple grinds of black pepper and stuffed it into toasted pita halves. Divine on a snowy winter afternoon. Now I'm only sorry it was the last of that squash!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Today, I placed an order for fish which will be delivered next week; as my Christmas shall take occur in solitary splendour, it seemed a good idea to treat myself to stuff that I like, prawns, shrimp, crab, monkfish, smoked salmon, gravadlax, a fish mix for soup, and so on.

Over the Christmas period, I plan to have various spicy fish soups, the kind you find in Iberian cooking; then, again, there is also Hungarian fish goulash, and Scandinavian fish soup/broth specialties. Plus good old chowder.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I flipped my time switch today and made fried rice, just like our ama (house-lady) from Taiwan taught me. It was scrumptious.
3215BC11-1211-49CA-A926-36E69099A395.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I flipped my time switch today and made fried rice, just like our ama (house-lady) from Taiwan taught me. It was scrumptious.
View attachment 1916

That looks amazing, and I bet it tasted absolutely delicious.

I love - just love - Asian style rice dishes.

And - should you care to share the recipe - I will devour it most faithfully (figuratively, by the act of reading, and literally, by polishing off a plate of the dish) and with boundless gratitude.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That looks amazing, and I bet it tasted absolutely delicious.

I love - just love - Asian style rice dishes.

And - should you care to share the recipe - I will devour it most faithful and with boundless gratitude.
Unfortunately, it’s one of those that is, watch as I make it and throw in whatever you remember. If you feel you left something out, throw in something else. It was delicious. And I managed to get the peppers out before serving (for a change).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it’s one of those that is, watch as I make it and throw in whatever you remember. If you feel you left something out, throw in something else. It was delicious. And I managed to get the peppers out before serving (for a change).

Perhaps I shall prepare an Asian rice dish of some description tomorrow evening, then, as I just love those Asian inspired rice dishes.

Possibly pasta this evening.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Chilli peppers, or ordinary peppers?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Pasta in Gorgonzola sauce (Gorgonzola Cremosa - generous quantities - melted, then, double cream added) with shredded kale.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A simple and tasty dinner of pasta, my own Gorgonzola sauce (melted Gorgonzola Cremosa and double cream) and shredded kale cooked in the sauce.

Top Bottom
1 2