Breakfast/lunch/Dinner, what are you having?

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
FC4A2616-CF76-4523-BB04-D267584ED359.jpeg
56300FCE-5EAA-4AA2-B183-A5E381F20501.jpeg
DEE5A732-1DFB-4E84-A7B0-E54FD0A456DF.jpeg

0EAA9A0E-328D-444F-ABDC-2B59C5EC8020.jpeg

F356B36A-4E16-4D22-A814-C75865853161.jpeg

Last edited:

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Give us a recipe! Give us all your recipes!

...wait. Is it chunky salsa, or smooth?
working on making it "thick"
118652238_3576897965686876_182352143447405045_n.jpg

THIS is how easy it is, 2 ways to make it.
#1 (sisters version)
1. boil 4 tomatoes and 3-5 chiles, Jalapeños or the gueritos (guero chile is more mild at times)
2 cut the peppers and remove seeds if you don't want it too spicy , put them in blender and hit the ice crush button twice quick, next the boiled tomatoes are basically peeled so just remove the skin and cut into squares, throw it in blender and just use blender until you get the consistency you want, obviously I over did it here, don't forget to add salt, about 2 teaspoons.

#2 (moms version)
same as 1 but you don't boil them, you cook them see video below.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
You should do what I did, Liz, and buy $300 worth of New York strips from your local butcher.

I'm set for at least 2 weeks now.

LOL well I guess the big city of Oneonta is also all set now for two weeks at least... it's not 39 new cases of covid-19 the SUNY kids brought to the area, it's over a hundred now... and so the governor has sent in a SWAT team of 71 contact tracers and 8 case investigators plus testing equipment for the whole city to use at three sites by appointment (the kind you get results back in 15 minutes).

So I may not have NY strip steaks in the freezer, and that's by choice, but I do have an attentively on-the-case governor and state resources to get my access to perishable groceries restored to point where I will feel safe ordering stuff for Instacart to bring out to the boondocks again pretty soon.

Meanwhile what's for dinner tonight is still pretty delicious since I do have at least some stuff left from the last time I ordered: fresh broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, tacking in some shelf-stable tofu, some canned sliced water chestnuts and stir fry all that and put it over some hokkien noodles with teriyaki sauce.

I'm gonna live in style like that for about another three days and then hit up my freezer and the back yard... and meanwhile make some voodoo dolls that might could look a lot like SUNY-O students, ya think? Five of them have got themselves suspended so far. Maybe the rest will think twice about ad hoc and unauthorized parties in town during the time of the coronavirus.

I wonder if any of those state boys they brought up here for the SWAT contact tracking had the good sense to bring a few Chinese line cooks with them who might be looking for work up here. We can use the competition locally and the state guys are about to discover that...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
@jkcerda - suddenly I don’t have permission to like things. Thank you for the photo and looks good. How hot do you make it?

Me too on being deprived of ability to stick LOVELY or LOVE or even LIKE on stuff in here. Probably in the wrong thread to say so unless @ericgtr12 is reading about our dinner plans... anyway this is the place to hang out for food ideas, I can see that much.

EDIT: suddenly i can use emoticons again but I had to log out and quit my browser and come back in to make it happen for some reason.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Me too on being deprived of ability to stick LOVELY or LOVE or even LIKE on stuff in here. Probably in the wrong thread to say so unless @ericgtr12 is reading about our dinner plans... anyway this is the place to hang out for food ideas, I can see that much.

EDIT: suddenly i can use emoticons again but I had to log out and quit my browser and come back in to make it happen for some reason.

Im back too. Woot woot.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Imma change my name to AngryKat pretty quick here, since the idiot "students" at SUNY-Oneonta popped back into that city and promptly generated 39 new cases of covid-19 in the county
LOL well I guess the big city of Oneonta is also all set now for two weeks at least... it's not 39 new cases of covid-19 the SUNY kids brought to the area, it's over a hundred now... and so the governor has sent in a SWAT team of 71 contact tracers and 8 case investigators plus testing equipment for the whole city to use at three sites by appointment (the kind you get results back in 15 minutes).

Just like the University of Alabama where they’re adding casses by 500s. Of course, that didn’t take into account the 300 some that were symptomatic when they first showed up on campus.

And people wonder if K-12 students would show up at school when they’re sick.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Afar as I know, that glitch, (emoticons or reactions impossible to access) which I also tripped over, has now been resolved satisfactorily.

Some great recipes - and amazing mouth-watering photos - here.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My brother is visiting for a few days - I haven't seen him in eight months, so, we are not just dining well (exceptionally well), we are feasting. And talking. Face to face conversation.

Two evenings ago, - i.e.- yesterday - we dined on rack of lamb, and my homemade ratatouille (loosely based on a Nigel Slater recipe - but with two heads (bulbs) of garlic rather than the four or five cloves he had suggested) - I sautéed each vegetable separately and individually, then roasted them together - served with French bread and a bottle of Haut-Medoc Cru Bourgeois.

This evening we had my blue cheese sauce (prepared with melted Roquefort, Stilton, aged Cashel Blue, and Gorgonzola Dolcelatte, plus organic double cream), with steamed, wilted spinach, walnuts, gnocchi, and an Israeli salad (very finely diced cherry tomatoes, and cucumber and a red onion, dressed with fresh lemon juice, a few tablespoons of olive oil, and a very generous hand with finely chopped parsley).

A bottle of Italian white wine accompanied.

And, tomorrow, we shall dine on my homemade chowder.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Preparing dinner, my own take on a sort of cross between a chowder, and a Portuguese fish soup.

All the vegetables are organic.

Onions, carrots, (roughly chopped), likewise tomatoes; a head of garlic (minced); all organic and all softened in olive oil.

Some diced pancetta and anchovies dissolved in the olive oil; saffron added, and pimentón (smoked, sweet Spanish paprika).

Then stock.

Next, new potatoes, chopped roughly, are added.

Once, they are almost ready the fish - a mixture of firm white fish (such as cod), red fish (salmon), and some smoked haddock, is added.

When that is ready, double cream, and chopped parsley is added.

French bread, and a bottle of Chablis - a lovely white wine from Burgundy, to accompany.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Preparing - or, setting about to begin to prepare - my home made chowder.

Chowder? More info pls? 🙏

Preparing dinner, my own take on a sort of cross between a chowder, and a Portuguese fish soup.

All the vegetables are organic.

Onions, carrots, (roughly chopped), likewise tomatoes; a head of garlic (minced); all organic and all softened in olive oil.

Some diced pancetta and anchovies dissolved in the olive oil; saffron added, and pimentón (smoked, sweet Spanish paprika).

Then stock.

Next, new potatoes, chopped roughly, are added.

Once, they are almost ready the fish - a mixture of firm white fish (such as cod), red fish (salmon(), and some smoked haddock, is added.

When that is ready, double cream, and chopped parsley is added.

French bread, and a bottle of Chablis - a lovely white wine from Burgundy, to accompany.

I can be so impatient at times. 😊

Top Bottom
1 2