Bruce Willis: stepping away from acting

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Poor guy has been diagnosed with aphasia.

I have been watching all of the terrible movies he’s been in for the last few years, and even though they are truly bad, and he’s typically in them for less than 5 minutes of screen time, I do really enjoy those 5 minutes.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Geez.

Yeah, he had some direct-to-video style stinkers (even some during his peak), but he did make these incredible films:

Die Hard and at least 2, and I enjoy 3 too: SLJ, Jeremy Irons tying the story into #1, it works!
Pulp Fiction
Unbreakable
The Sixth Sense
12 Monkeys

Plus terrific in The Fifth Element, Looper, Last Man Standing.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We introduced my daughter to die hard when she was 8. She will be heartbroken.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I do, most of us in our 50s and up probably remember those days. He may have had some duds but he's also given us a ton of great movies throughout his career, I wish him the best.
I'd much prefer to be remembered for my best work when I'm gone instead of my worst. Die Hard is the only Christmas movie I can stand to watch.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I looked into it some time ago and I believe there were a whole bunch of rights issues.
WKRP in Cincinnati and Northern Exposure have issues with music rights. I've seen WKRP on Hulu with good songs being replaced by generic garbage. It affects the show a bit. NE doesn't stream at all on the regular services. I assume Moonlighting has similar conflicts.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
WKRP in Cincinnati and Northern Exposure have issues with music rights. I've seen WKRP on Hulu with good songs being replaced by generic garbage. It affects the show a bit. NE doesn't stream at all on the regular services. I assume Moonlighting has similar conflicts.
What’s WKRP?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yeah, NE was an amazing show, and yes, it's trapped in some kind of rights limbo, I've read it's due to music, but also some contracts with actors, who knows. There were some DVD sets made, and a few still pop up on FleaBay, but I'd love to see it streaming.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I hated Moonlighting. I've liked Willis more and more as he's aged.

I wasn't a Moonlighting person either, that was during a time of my life, an age when I probably wasn't watching much serialized TV (let alone a sort of mystery-rom-com) I was doing other "stuff" :D and yes, that's exactly what you think it is.

I remember it being hugely popular though, like it was a major will they / won't they sort of watercooler discussion.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I wasn't a Moonlighting person either, that was during a time of my life, an age when I probably wasn't watching much serialized TV (let alone a sort of mystery-rom-com) I was doing other "stuff" :D and yes, that's exactly what you think it is.

I remember it being hugely popular though, like it was a major will they / won't they sort of watercooler discussion.
Same here, didn't really watch the show but was a huge fan of the Die Hard series and his subsequent work.

Top Bottom
1 2