Brutal guide to Congressional Republican freshmen

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. That's quite an article! Where to start, where to start...

Every town, midsize city, or urban neighborhood has one, or, perhaps, a family of them: the nuisance litigants, the business owners who address zoning board hearings while visibly intoxicated, the parents who ruin PTA meetings by accusing The Polar Express of encouraging demonry. They are the regulars in the police blotter section of the newspaper, the ones who have been banned from multiple softball leagues for reasons that somehow involve child support. They are America’s local ding-dongs and loose cannons. And, increasingly, they represent the Republican Party’s interests in Congress.
Yeah, I've known my share of those!

And here's what cracks me up. Wasn't it the Moral Majority who claimed that liberal permissiveness would result in their kids growing up to be entitled, selfish, irresponsible jerks? To quote Buck Murdock, I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

(Lauren) Boebert was personally cited in 2010 for failing to properly license her dogs, lost a civil court case over a $1,500 debt in 2012, was arrested for disorderly conduct at a 2015 country music festival, and was arrested again in 2017 for failure to appear in court on “careless driving” charges. Her husband, Jayson, meanwhile, pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure after a 2004 incident in which he showed his penis to two women waiting in line at a bowling alley. (Lauren Boebert was not yet married to him at the time but was present at the bowling alley during the incident.) Both Boeberts were arrested that year on domestic violence charges involving disputes with each other. (Jayson served time for his; Lauren Boebert was 17 at the time of her arrest, and the relevant court has saidit can’t release information about the disposition of her case.) Finally, Boebert’s mother appears to have left a number of comments on a YouTube video more than a decade agoaccusing a former WCW wrestler named Stan Lane of trying to evade responsibility for being Boebert’s biological father.
😆 So this woman is a three way cross between a bargain basement Sarah Palin, a rodeo clown (or am I being redundant?) and trailer trash (ditto?).
Biggest current legislative priority: Boebert recently introduced a bill that would move the security fencing that currently surrounds the Capitol to the U.S.-Mexico border.
😂
Indicative quote: “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.” —an excerpt from the “Our Story” section of Shooters Grill’s website, which appears to have been built using default filler text that no one ever replaced with actual words.
You know, I can't just post stuff like the above on MR because they demand you make some sort of comment on them. But for god's sake, res ipsa loquitur. (That's Latin for the jokes speak for themselves. Or something. 😉 )

A long recent profile in Politico begins in 2019 with (Marjorie Taylor Greene staging a one-woman, self-videotaped protest of a “Drag Queen Story Hour” event for children at a local library, deploying the time-honored annoying person catchphrase “I’m a taxpayer” during the course of arguing with a police officer and a library staffer. In 2012, she filed for divorce while reportedly conducting open affairs with two men she’d met through the CrossFit program. (The Daily Mail recently published a Facebook photo of one of them flexing while naked, buttocks shimmering toward the camera, in a waterfall. The Mail reports that he is currently in the Seattle area “running a gladiator-style bootcamp called The Ludus where he teaches sword fighting.”)
Again, mentally ill white trash.

(Mary Miller's husband Chris) has made news for calling on the Congress to remove Chicago from the state and for claiming that a critical Facebook message about a GOP leader was posted on his account by a hacker. (“I was dubious of the explanation,” wrote the columnist he made the claim to.) He also made the news this year for parking his truck in a restricted area near the (U.S.) Capitol on Jan. 6 with a “Three Percenter” sticker visible in its window (the Three Percenters are a militia-style far-right group whose members include several individuals arrested for participating in that day’s violence) before recording a Facebook Live video in which he described himself as a participant in a “great cultural war” against “communism” and “Democrat terrorists.” (He later said he believed the Three Percenter image represented nothing more other than “patriotism and love of country.”)
And that's not even her. This is her:
Mary Miller began part of a speech outside the Capitol with the phrase, “Hitler was right on one thing,” which is not an auspicious thing to have said on the morning of a white nationalist riot.
Okay then. 🤨

The thing I don't get about any of these people is not why they are the future of the Republican party. We know why. The Republican party has become the House of Crazy. What I don't get is that, if you've been following the news lately, there's an inordinate number of more-or-less sane Republicans who have announced they're not running again. In any ordinary year, that should indicate plenty of opportunity for Democrats to take back seats in 2022. But with conservative voters' predilection for electing the absolute most batshit people they can find, are we instead facing the possibility that voters will fill those seats with more of these losers and lunatics? I genuinely fear that is the direction we're headed.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And here's what cracks me up. Wasn't it the Moral Majority who claimed that liberal permissiveness would result in their kids growing up to be entitled, selfish, irresponsible jerks? To quote Buck Murdock, I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.
To tailor it more to this situation, these are people put in government by people who don't believe in the government.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The thing I don't get about any of these people is not why they are the future of the Republican party. We know why. The Republican party has become the House of Crazy. What I don't get is that, if you've been following the news lately, there's an inordinate number of more-or-less sane Republicans who have announced they're not running again. In any ordinary year, that should indicate plenty of opportunity for Democrats to take back seats in 2022. But with conservative voters' predilection for electing the absolute most batshit people they can find, are we instead facing the possibility that voters will fill those seats with more of these losers and lunatics? I genuinely fear that is the direction we're headed.

As far as I'm concerned the US is still paralleling the rise of Hitler and the Nazi party. Right now we're at the part where Hitler's attempted coup failed. Trumped just hasn't been thrown in jail for it (yet). The real fun didn't begin until Hitler was released from jail.

We can crush Trumpism if the economy recovers and continues to do well, but as soon as there's a major crash guess who is going to be there to claim they are the savior, welcomed with open arms by the many who hate and blame the establishment.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
😆 So this woman is a three way cross between a bargain basement Sarah Palin, a rodeo clown (or am I being redundant?) and trailer trash (ditto?).

😂
Not sure about rodeo clown, but I probably wouldn't leave her alone with a mechanical bull.

Top Bottom
1 2