Brutality of a different sort. How the jail system is used punish certain persons, often for profit.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
THIS IS Disturbing

And still SOME people have an issue grasping what SYSTEMIC means in systemic racism.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Looks like this is gonna cost them, though.

The judge and others involved should all be in jail for the rest of their lives. Adults hurting children should be punished as harshly as possible.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like this is gonna cost them, though.

In the process of scrolling down to sarcastically post in response to the OP that all matters of this type thing will be completely solved by massive civil suit payouts, I saw your post showing that, that is exactly what's happening.

Maybe cops should start carrying public funds checkbooks so they can complete this entire process in about an hour instead of months or years. They can just call into internal affairs during the arrest, give them a brief on the scenario, and within mintues receive the amount they need to write out the check for. Efficiency!

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
In the process of scrolling down to sarcastically post in response to the OP that all matters of this type thing will be completely solved by massive civil suit payouts, I saw your post showing that, that is exactly what's happening.

Maybe cops should start carrying public funds checkbooks so they can complete this entire process in about an hour instead of months or years. They can just call into internal affairs during the arrest, give them a brief on the scenario, and within mintues receive the amount they need to write out the check for. Efficiency!
The problem of course is, that the police weren't really the sole problem. Which is why even though I thought at first to put this in the police brutality thread, I made a new thread. In this case, the police were a complimentary or additional issue. The true issue here was the system itself and a judge who used the system focused on one group to mete out some imaginary appropriate justice. The system helped the police should they decide to arrest someone, to the point of inventing charges out of whole cloth if it would help.

Here it was a judge that decided arresting children was some way to 'help' them, and keep a prison system seemingly well stocked with young bodies. After all who cares about the lives permanently affected, those jail cells are full, and it looks like the system is doing something.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The problem of course is, that the police weren't really the sole problem. Which is why even though I thought at first to put this in the police brutality thread, I made a new thread. In this case, the police were a complimentary or additional issue. The true issue here was the system itself and a judge who used the system focused on one group to mete out some imaginary appropriate justice. The system helped the police should they decide to arrest someone, to the point of inventing charges out of whole cloth if it would help.

Here it was a judge that decided arresting children was some way to 'help' them, and keep a prison system seemingly well stocked with young bodies. After all who cares about the lives permanently affected, those jail cells are full, and it looks like the system is doing something.
The story was also a harsh indictment of the criminal “justice” system in Tennessee. Their “prosecutors” needn’t be lawyers… in fact, they only need a high school diploma (and a driver’s license…).

In the United States, it is typically the prosecutor’s job to review a police investigation and decide what charges, if any, to file. But Tennessee allows counties to hire judicial commissioners to fill this role. From issuing warrants to setting bail to conducting probable cause hearings, Rutherford County’s judicial commissioners can take on tasks that traditionally fall to judges or prosecutors — without needing the legal training of either.

County judges recommend people for the job. County commissioners appoint them.

Rutherford County opens the job to anyone with a Tennessee driver’s license and a high school diploma, supplemented by some college-level course work or vocational training and some office work.
WTF???? This judge would not have this power if not for the broken state system. Ridiculous.

P_X

Peter Principal
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

P_X

Peter Principal
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Surely the politicians from the fiscally responsible party must be all over this waste of tax money. Right? 🦗🦗
Nah, fiscal responsibility is just a euphemism for "upholding inequalities to ensure my resource advantage is passed on to my children".

Last edited:
OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Surely the politicians from the fiscally responsible party must be all over this waste of tax money. Right? 🦗🦗
I believe for said politicians that falls under the term known as "the cost of doing business".

Since the people who often most benefit from "brutality bonds", are also the ones donating to said politicians.

Politicians who then worry more about the safety & security of businesses over people.

Making for a very tidy little circle.

Top Bottom