General Bug bite and no bug?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
we went to a Chinese restaurant after our tandem ride and it was warm around 65 and I had short sleeves on. well felt like a bee sting but maybe not quite as bad. but there was nothing on my arm I thought it was some nerve spasm. well that night it started itching bad. Could to find the hydrocortisone that works well for my Mosquito bites. it kept waking me up. last night just as itchy but I had taken benydrl and bough t some cream and it helped some but around 5 it was itching like crazy and my watch band was really tight. talked to a doc on video and and he thinks it was a bug bite. but as you see no raised spot at all just general redness and the swelling that just started on the second day. got some steroid cream for it to try. so far not much for the itching.

Attachments

• 65880967612__FEFAEDDB-E73D-4732-A2BC-509F1F984F00.jpeg
    65880967612__FEFAEDDB-E73D-4732-A2BC-509F1F984F00.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
man that ointment didn't thing. I think only the benydrl I took helped. the nI took a shower it itched and hurt for ah our. it may be a bit better today no red at all but still al little swollen.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
we went to a Chinese restaurant after our tandem ride and it was warm around 65 and I had short sleeves on. well felt like a bee sting but maybe not quite as bad. but there was nothing on my arm I thought it was some nerve spasm. well that night it started itching bad. Could to find the hydrocortisone that works well for my Mosquito bites. it kept waking me up. last night just as itchy but I had taken benydrl and bough t some cream and it helped some but around 5 it was itching like crazy and my watch band was really tight. talked to a doc on video and and he thinks it was a bug bite. but as you see no raised spot at all just general redness and the swelling that just started on the second day. got some steroid cream for it to try. so far not much for the itching.
I had something similar happen over the summer, I didn't see what it was but it stung the hell out of me and what was weird about it was that after 2 or 3 days it even got worse. It took a good 3 weeks before it fully went away.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had something similar happen over the summer, I didn't see what it was but it stung the hell out of me and what was weird about it was that after 2 or 3 days it even got worse. It took a good 3 weeks before it fully went away.
ya this was like that. maybe a bit better today. nothing like some wacky thing happening in your life to show your alive.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Sounds more like a horse fly or deer fly bite. Those things will take a chunk of flesh and hurt like hell for a while.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds more like a horse fly or deer fly bite. Those things will take a chunk of flesh and hurt like hell for a while.
I got bit by a horsefly once. but no bump or mark. last night I found if I put anything on my arm it itches far worse. my whole forearm itches now

Top Bottom
1 2