Butters and friends: The thread

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, it was the blissful way Loki half-closed his eyes and kind of smiled as he was being gently stroked and rubbed that totally made me a fan! :). That, and the tongue! Love the tongue!

Forked tongues are pretty great. I don't know how common they are in the lizard world while they are pretty much the default for snakes. Research! The eye closing thing is pretty cool too (snakes don't have eyelids and is a telltale of if you're dealing with a snake or legless lizard). We associate that with trust and comfort. A scared animal isn't going to close their eyes.

It should be mentioned that at least with tegus DO NOT try to hand feed them until a large amount of trust has been built. Their bite can fuck you up. But I think for reptiles they are general species acceptant, unlike something like dogs and cats who might like and trust you but judge other humans on an individual basis. Short of individuals possibly smelling like food once you social reptiles with you then they should be good with other people.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3522.jpeg

Butters enthusiastically awaiting her tucked between the comforter and blanket people bed sleep. How do I know? Before this picture was taken she was head down in the wood chips resigned to sleeping in her enclosure. Then I started making the bed from the laundry I did and she perked up from observing the activity. Right there she's going "Oh boy! Oh Boy! Oh boy!". I swear.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Will she just stay with you all night?

After a certain hour she'll stop being in exploring mode and just retire there for the night, sometimes head peaking out and other times buried somewhere in the blanket cave. I think she likes the security that the weight of the comforter provides.

Top Bottom
1 2