Caitlyn Jenner launches bid for California governor

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Let the shit show begin...

The former Olympian, reality TV star and transgender activist announced her run as the effort to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom moves forward.

MEGA63634_003-Tout.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
How about- no fucking way in hell? She is an idiot.

Yeah. So will be plenty of her competitors... seeing as how the rules for California recall and replacement are insane.

"If a recall formally qualifies for the ballot, voters will be asked two questions: The first would be whether they want to recall Newsom, and the second would be who should replace him. There is no limit to how many people can run, and whoever gets the most votes wins, an open election that allows someone to be elected with only a small plurality."

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/caitlyn-jenner-launches-bid-california-governor-n1265064

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Republicans when they got enough signatures for a recall Newsom
8ffcce58e3a83e1f8a576d427066239c.jpg

Republicans when they learned Caitlyn Jenner was their best hope
7nZJChM.png

Like the day after election day in November 2016 for some folks.

otoh some of those are still thinking that guy is still the real prez.

The question is how many of them are California voters who are now hell bent on replacing Newsom with anyone who comes to mind as they fill out their recall paperwork. Presumably the winner must be a California resident, otherwise CA could be lookin' at The Don as their next gov if enough of the Trumpistas out there had their say. A simple plurality... with no limit on number of candidates?!

U

User.191

I'm torn. One the one hand I applaud her journey to her true self.

On the other hand she's a blithering idiot who was so idiotic she couldn't see Trump for the bigoted shit-for-brains asshat he was, and is a reality show whore with I suspect very little actual experience but a desire to reinvent herself beyond the label SHE created with her equally dimwitted family.

She's still a Republican who doesn't get that the GOP is nothing more than an empty husk of a party, devoid of morals and a party that utterly hates and despises who she is.

On the plus side, thank fuck she's not a Democrat.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Like the day after election day in November 2016 for some folks.

otoh some of those are still thinking that guy is still the real prez.

The question is how many of them are California voters who are now hell bent on replacing Newsom with anyone who comes to mind as they fill out their recall paperwork. Presumably the winner must be a California resident, otherwise CA could be lookin' at The Don as their next gov if enough of the Trumpistas out there had their say. A simple plurality... with no limit on number of candidates?!
It does seem like a rerun of 2016.

Somebody else did whatever serious work was needed to be done, taking whatever bullets along the way. Reality show person figures "what the hey, how hard can it be?" If elected, republicans will take all the credit for what's already been successfully done, and blame anything bad on the administration before.

Then hope nothing bad comes along that no one is prepared to deal with, especially a reality show personality with zero experience in leadership or politics.

What could go wrong?

sUpua6W.gif

"Remember social distancing! It's just a once in a 100 year thing, how bad could that be?"

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I'm torn. One the one hand I applaud her journey to her true self.

On the other hand she's a blithering idiot who was so idiotic she couldn't see Trump for the bigoted shit-for-brains asshat he was, and is a reality show whore with I suspect very little actual experience but a desire to reinvent herself beyond the label SHE created with her equally dimwitted family.

She's still a Republican who doesn't get that the GOP is nothing more than an empty husk of a party, devoid of morals and a party that utterly hates and despises who she is.

On the plus side, thank fuck she's not a Democrat.
I'm not torn at all. She's an idiot who clearly is incapable of learning any lessons life recently showed her. She betrayed us in the LGBT community by supporting Trump and the GOP. We paid a heavy price for it and still she sticks by them. Clearly, money is more important to her than humanity.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm not torn at all. She's an idiot who clearly is incapable of learning any lessons life recently showed her. She betrayed us in the LGBT community by supporting Trump and the GOP. We paid a heavy price for it and still she sticks by them. Clearly, money is more important to her than humanity.

Given the comments I've read about her candidacy from the conservative leaning crowd on Facebook, they seem to loathe her just as much as you (albeit for entirely different, considerably less friendly reasons).

So she's burned her bridges with the liberals by siding with Trump, and killed any chances of winning Republican support by merely existing as a trans woman. I doubt anyone will have to worry about Governor Jenner anytime soon.

U

User.191

Trust me, I wasn't torn. My tongue was firmly in my cheek...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Given the comments I've read about her candidacy from the conservative leaning crowd on Facebook, they seem to loathe her just as much as you (albeit for entirely different, considerably less friendly reasons).

So she's burned her bridges with the liberals by siding with Trump, and killed any chances of winning Republican support by merely existing as a trans woman. I doubt anyone will have to worry about Governor Jenner anytime soon.
Funny you mention this, just 5 minutes ago I told my wife that "there's nobody on either side that likes her". It's going to be a circus but when isn't it when a Republican runs these days.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know that much about her beyond tabloid headlines. What I do know is she wants to represent a party who hates her because she is a trans woman. They don’t even want her in the club, no less being the club’s president.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don’t know that much about her beyond tabloid headlines. What I do know is she wants to represent a party who hates her because she is a trans woman. They don’t even want her in the club, no less being the club’s president.
If she were to gain any momentum at all (seems unlikely) I think Newsom just needs to tie her to Trump and that's all it will take, they despise him here outside of the rural pockets.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Setting aside the fact that she's a trans woman, which IMHO shouldn't factor into this at all, what kind of political experience can she draw upon to actually move California forward? Make an impact on people with appropriate thoughtful analysis of situations followed by appropriate decision making supported by others who are also knowledgeable? Does she have good, solid, dependable connections, a network within which to work which can get the state out of the mess they seem to be in right now?

Eh, well....if she's still hooked into the Republican Party or thinks she is and thinks she still really wants to be, yeah, that right there is going to be a deal-killer for many voters/residents in the state, and rightfully so.

Top Bottom
1 2