Calamity at Boston Apple Store

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
“Notably, WCVB 5 reported that a Fire Marshall on scene said “the video suggests this was intentional.””

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like the dude had some sort of recent involvement with the Apple store. He was a “professional” who ”supported recent construction,” according to Apple.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Looks like the dude had some sort of recent involvement with the Apple store. He was a “professional” who ”supported recent construction,” according to Apple.

A quick drive-by on some news sites didn't surface much, so possibly someone disgruntled over some kind of work engagement with Apple? Specifically around store construction?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
A quick drive-by on some news sites didn't surface much, so possibly someone disgruntled over some kind of work engagement with Apple? Specifically around store construction?
I believe @Cmaier is referring to the fatality. He was a worker involved in recent construction at this Apple location. The driver is claiming his foot got stuck on the gas pedal. He's being held on $100K bond. No known connection with Apple and Breathalyzer rules out DUI.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
"...Rein told him [state trooper] he was at Derby Street Shops to repair a lens in his eyeglasses, which he was not wearing at the time of the crash."

That's not good.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
While tragic, I glanced twice thinking there was a second event. Hingham (where this took place) is not Boston, actually it is 23 miles and about two hours in traffic south of Boston. Just saying...

P.S. I don't know why it is with the regional dialect but its pronounced Hing-um, like Wind-um and Need-um. However it is just like Bostonians to throw people off, so we have to pronounce at least one town with a ham suffix differently like Framing-ham. 🤷‍♂️

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
While tragic, I glanced twice thinking there was a second event. Hingham (where this took place) is not Boston, actually it is 23 miles and about two hours in traffic south of Boston. Just saying...

P.S. I don't know why it is with the regional dialect but its pronounced Hing-um, like Wind-um and Need-um. However it is just like Bostonians to throw people off, so we have to pronounce at least one town with a ham suffix differently like Framing-ham. 🤷‍♂️
And don’t forget Worcester

Top Bottom
1 2