California mandating vaccine for all eligible schoolchildren

• Thread starter Deleted member 215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 215

Per an order by Governor Gavin Newsom, all K-12 schoolchildren who are eligible for the vaccine will now be required to be vaccinated to attend school. Eligibility is expected to expand to children younger than 12 soon.

For those who live in California (I know there are a few here), what is your opinion on this mandate? For those outside California, is your state likely to follow suit?

I foresee no end to the drama and conflict over this, especially when it comes to mandates for children.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Per an order by Governor Gavin Newsom, all K-12 schoolchildren who are eligible for the vaccine will now be required to be vaccinated to attend school. Eligibility is expected to expand to children younger than 12 soon.

For those who live in California (I know there are a few here), what is your opinion on this mandate? For those outside California, is your state likely to follow suit?

I foresee no end to the drama and conflict over this, especially when it comes to mandates for children.
It's necessary, unfortunately. There are simply too many selfish people out there who could not care less about anyone else besides themselves. Additionally, the biggest reason Newsom won by so much was because of his mandates, which had (at least at the time) a 69% approval rating, so I'm guessing it will be well received from here. California is leading the nation in the lowest infection rates and it's clear that these mandates are why.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Anti-vaxxers are often big on home schooling anyway, so this might work out okay. Republicans may have screwed themselves with the recall election. He won by too great of a margin for them to start making anything of it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Anti-vaxxers are often big on home schooling anyway, so this might work out okay. Republicans may have screwed themselves with the recall election. He won by too great of a margin for them to start making anything of it.
Yeah, Republicans came out of that with eggs on their face and I think you're right, in the long run it looks bad for them. As far as I'm concerned if these idiots want to keep it at home and spread it amongst themselves then more power to them, the only real drawback is the burden they put on the healthcare system.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Republicans came out of that with eggs on their face and I think you're right, in the long run it looks bad for them. As far as I'm concerned if these idiots want to keep it at home and spread it amongst themselves then more power to them, the only real drawback is the burden they put on the healthcare system.

If they're home schooling, they're less likely to spread it to other kids. A problem here is that these jackasses tend to lie about vaccination status to avoid ostracism. The goal among the weirder ones seems to be business as usual without vaccination for anyone.

D

Deleted member 215

There has to be some way to convince conservatives that getting vaccinated will “own the libs”. That’s the only way they’ll do it. Apparently there was an article in Breitbart attempting to do this, essentially suggesting that the government pushing the vaccine was designed to prevent conservatives from getting vaccinated because they knew they wouldn’t do it if the government told them to, thus getting vaccinated is defying the liberal plan to kill right-wingers. You can’t make this shit up. But it just might work. :p

Top Bottom
1 2