California recall election now has 70 people on the ballot

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Oh wow, this was more of a dud than I thought. It couldn’t possibly be a lame Republican power grab. It did have the votes after all. But not really. More like a “vocal minority” than a “silent majority”.

Of course, watching on MSNBC and a liberal county they had at 56% who voted to recall, and then wanted to check on an error - I can see that being looped on conservative outlets as “proof” of “election fraud”.

Pretty soon, you’re going to have to use quotes around almost every word or phrase when discussing conservatives and their conspiracies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And with 45% of votes counted, it’s 70% No and 30% Yes on the recall….

Newsom doesn’t appear to be in any danger. What a waste of time and money. I think they said this election cost over $250 million? Maybe could’ve spent that fighting fires…
Now with 59% counted it's in the same area. Man it's a total landslide, those numbers are way bigger than anyone thought they would be. He's even winning counties with bigger numbers now than he had in 2018, if this keeps up they'll call it before long I would think.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Seriously, what does the Losers Party do in California now? They haven't won statewide in forever. They wasted a projected $300 million on this fool's errand. Does Elder become the nominee in 15 months against Newsom again? It will be even worst than tonight.

Newsom should just keep it small and simple tomorrow. Telling voters and citizens that we will continue to move forward and deal with this Pandemic.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Seriously, what does the Losers Party do in California now? They haven't won statewide in forever. They wasted a projected $300 million on this fool's errand. Does Elder become the nominee in 15 months against Newsom again? It will be even worst than tonight.
GOP won't touch that guy, they surely had inside polling because they were so hands off.

Newsom should just keep it small and simple tomorrow. Telling voters and citizens that we will continue to move forward and deal with this Pandemic.
I think he should go to the French Laundry and give a speech, then flip everyone off as he walks away.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
GOP won't touch that guy, they surely had inside polling because they were so hands off.

It may be too late. He may be a spoiler and all of this name recognition spells doom for his fellow righties.

I think he should go to the French Laundry and give a speech, then flip everyone off as he walks away.
Nah! He can't be arrogant and expect to be re-elected. He should take nothing for granted and be prepared for a fight. I walk out of the room while he was speaking. But the CNN folk felt he had the right tone, showing humility.

D

Deleted member 215

🥳

Not that I'm too surprised. California is bluer than ever. The media sure made it seem like his recall was a possibility this summer, but I guess that was before all the dirt on Larry Elder came out.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
🥳

Not that I'm too surprised. California is bluer than ever. The media sure made it seem like his recall was a possibility this summer, but I guess that was before all the dirt on Larry Elder came out.
Almost too bad PRSI is gone. Would have been 🥳 to revisit the corresponding thread there. The recall was a done deal with tons of dems supporting the recall. What happened? Obviously fraud? 😂

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It is not hidden that they claim fraud before the election.

It’s Larry Elder that’s the fraud.
It was off the air, during the commercial breaks, that Elder dropped a bomb. Between the small talk, he told me casually that he had understood my essay just fine and all of its main points. In other words, he got it. “But if you and I agreed, there’d be no show,” I recall him saying. “We wouldn’t have this!” He gestured to the lit-up phone lines with a kind of glee.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
1631709548416.png

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The republicans are now in a quagmire created by their five years of pandering to Trump. The cult now makes up a majority of republicans, but that’s a majority of a minority of Americans. Republicans are now pandering to about 65% of 40% of the voters. I’d be curious to see the numbers Elder got - “Larry Failed’er”. With only one in three Californians voting to remove Newsom, it shows that running to the right of Trump is a losing formula outside of deep red areas.And republicans seem intent on not only NOT growing their base, but whittling it down to only the most far-right Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Read an article on the history of this recall yesterday. It was pretty much going nowhere fast until Newsom was caught at a high end restaurant having a maskless dinner and that alone made the recall a certainty. People need to seriously calm the fuck down. I can’t believe the amount of mental illness this covid situation has triggered in a scary amount of people.

Top Bottom
1 2