California recall election now has 70 people on the ballot

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Good. Even when they bring up legitimate complaints with California's governance, they still back dog shit candidates.

The fact that Jenner—a minor reality television star who was once known as an Olympic athlete a generation ago—is probably the leading candidate tells us an awful lot about the state of California's GOP, and none of it good.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's consistent with the way of thinking amongst that group though. If EVERYONE gets something from the gov't it's an example of waste. When THEY get something specifically over other groups it's okay & somehow deserved.

It's just the selfish nature that's been fed by SOME of the party. They hate big gov't, gov't needs to stay out of people's business, and companies should be allowed to do what they want. You saw how all that got flipped on it's head during the last administration, and on a state level they are gleefully championing using the gov't for their own ends.

My current favorite is the massive farming subsidies most people don’t know about because they aren’t farmers. I’m not saying they sometimes aren’t needed or that farming isn’t full of its own issues. I’m saying if you are part of rural farming America you should probably STFU complaining about people who aren’t farmers getting assistance.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
My current favorite is the massive farming subsidies most people don’t know about because they aren’t farmers. I’m not saying they sometimes aren’t needed or that farming isn’t full of its own issues. I’m saying if you are part of rural farming America you should probably STFU complaining about people who aren’t farmers getting assistance.
If they listened to more cows, they would know

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they listened to more cows, they would know

Sounds like another politician who is unaware of the internet or how it works.

But he’s also part of a party where contradicting facts don’t seem to be a roadblock to success. As long as the politician lies fit the narrative then it gets a pass.

It's the lazy man's "You can be anything you want to be." It's "You are whatever you say you are."

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The fact that Jenner—a minor reality television star who was once known as an Olympic athlete a generation ago—is probably the leading candidate tells us an awful lot about the state of California's GOP, and none of it good.

Larry Elder should be the top GOP candidate.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

When you look at who the king of the Republican party is right now Jenner seems to be right on brand.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's currently a total clown show at amateur hour, nearly half have already dropped or didn't qualify, there are lawsuits by reality "stars" (one who wants to use his youtube handle so his "fans" will recognize him) and none of them are even remotely close.

It's an embarrassing time for the state right now, none of these people have the time nor backing to make anything happen here, there will be now way in hell 50+% will vote against Newsom unless there's a serious bombshell.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's currently a total clown show at amateur hour, nearly half have already dropped or didn't qualify, there are lawsuits by reality "stars" (one who wants to use his youtube handle so his "fans" will recognize him) and none of them are even remotely close.

It's an embarrassing time for the state right now, none of these people have the time nor backing to make anything happen here, there will be now way in hell 50+% will vote against Newsom unless there's a serious bombshell.

Some think the bombshell will come in the form of some kind of return to Covid related restrictions which is sad. We should be talking about cost of living, high taxes, and homelessness but I don't hear anybody talking about alternative (or any) solutions for those issues.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Some think the bombshell will come in the form of some kind of return to Covid related restrictions which is sad. We should be talking about cost of living, high taxes, and homelessness but I don't hear anybody talking about alternative (or any) solutions for those issues.
I have a feeling he's not going to implement much this time around and I don't know what else he (or any government) can do at this point other than trying to get the vaccine out there more. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a feeling he's not going to implement much this time around and I don't know what else he (or any government) can do at this point other than trying to get the vaccine out there more. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Yeah, it would be a tough sell statewide. I think SoCal reinstituted indoor mask mandates recently but that's not on Newsom.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not specifically. But 6 more CA counties are now recommending masks.(1) I wonder if lockdowns will be far behind.

So even if he isn't the one who ordered them, people will look to him to lead them out of it.

(1) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/5...elta-variant-rages/ar-AAMmRXE?ocid=uxbndlbing
Of course we can't be 100% certain but I do think he'll leave it to the counties to decide, there's little appetite for another mandate/lockdown by anyone, including Newsom.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Of course we can't be 100% certain but I do think he'll leave it to the counties to decide, there's little appetite for another mandate/lockdown by anyone, including Newsom.

He is kind of in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Larry Elder should be the top GOP candidate.

The guy's spent most his career being a talking head on the radio. And, he couldn't even figure out how to file the paperwork to get himself on the ballot.

Of course, he's accusing the Secretary of State of disqualifying him from the ballot, but consider, dozens of other people managed to do it, so what's his problem?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Latest poll shows Newsom not doing well in many categories, but also shows the uphill battle challengers face. So far nothing shows that it's anywhere close to 50% voting to recall.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Latest poll shows Newsom not doing well in many categories, but also shows the uphill battle challengers face. So far nothing shows that it's anywhere close to 50% voting to recall.

"Recall organizers gathered more than 2 million signatures to force the election and emphasized what they said were Newsom’s overreaching policies during the pandemic."

The right is such a one note pony. Like I’ve said, plenty of other more pressing and long lasting concerns about CA, but yeah, let’s keep beating COVID response into the dirt. We need to send a clear message to the next governor when it happens again 100 years from now.

D

Deleted member 215

I have no intention of voting to recall, but I have to say I'm kind of glad the threat of recall is, at least in part, pressuring Newsom to avoid implementing another lockdown. I live in an area with an 85% vaccination rate. I don't see why there should be another statewide lockdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have no intention of voting to recall, but I have to say I'm kind of glad the threat of recall is, at least in part, pressuring Newsom to avoid implementing another lockdown. I live in an area with an 85% vaccination rate. I don't see why there should be another statewide lockdown.
I'm as paranoid as it gets and live in an undervaccinated area and even I'm not up for another lockdown. Funny how the vaccine will make you brave lol. I don't think he'll go there at all.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The guy's spent most his career being a talking head on the radio. And, he couldn't even figure out how to file the paperwork to get himself on the ballot.

Of course, he's accusing the Secretary of State of disqualifying him from the ballot, but consider, dozens of other people managed to do it, so what's his problem?

He has no problem. He will be on the ballot.

Top Bottom
1 2