California Streamin’

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I quite unexpectedly got a mail from Apple that my defunct ghost order had been shipped, express delivery scheduled for the 24th. They must have manually resuscitated it as it was now registered as a “Guest order” instead, and possible to add to my account. For a while there I had two valid phone orders. Yay would have been so proud!
So now you’re going to receive two phones tomorrow?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nah, just the ghosty one. The other, real one, was expected “Sep 29-Oct 4”. Gambled and canceled the one not yet shipped. I’m feeing lucky!
Mine shows as shipped and arriving tomorrow. It’s already left Louisville which is a good sign.

Wait…do I need to start a whole thread for this?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Mine shows as shipped and arriving tomorrow. It’s already left Louisville which is a good sign.

Wait…do I need to start a whole thread for this?
I am not really interested in the minutiae of electronics shipping across the globe. However, the posts here made me curious. I looked at MR and saw over TWELVE THOUSAND posts in the thread about waiting for iPhones…. Wow.

At least when people used to camp out in front of the Apple stores, there was fun and a sense of community. Hitting “refresh” on a shipping tracker seems much less fun.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Getting two today - the pro max for the gf and I'm getting the mini (in black). They're at the sorting centre in Richmond, so, short of my concierge stealing them, I'll have them when I get home from work tonight. :D

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
How much sleep have you lost tracking this? lol
I'm a big fan of the deliveries app. :)

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

I used to be a big fan. Then it broke for our domestic mail service and they didn’t fix it for what felt like years. Might even have been actual literal years. Then they jumped on the subscription train... Sad warthog noises

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have UPS My Choice and it works.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

I'm a fan of Parcel

Got my phone this morning and setting it up now. The Sierra Blue is absolutely stunning in person.😍

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Parcel

Got my phone this morning and setting it up now. The Sierra Blue is absolutely stunning in person.😍
I’m envious. I’m still watching for UPS. This is when I miss working. Could have gotten it before noon at school.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I’m envious. I’m still watching for UPS. This is when I miss working. Could have gotten it before noon at school.
UPS, lol, don’t get me started…

My tracking page stated an estimated delivery between 5.00 PM and 8.30 PM, yet 12.02 PM the attempted delivery failed due to me supposedly not being available and the package was rerouted to a “nearby UPS Access Point™“. So much for staying home.

Ah, well, not all bad. Got back home with the package around 2.30 PM, way earlier than the estimated delivery window.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I upgraded from an iPhone X to a 12 Pro last year, so will skip the 13. I see many typical comments over on MR that it's a "boring" release, but I think improvements to the camera system, battery life, and display are quite good.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I upgraded from an iPhone X to a 12 Pro last year, so will skip the 13. I see many typical comments over on MR that it's a "boring" release, but I think improvements to the camera system, battery life, and display are quite good.
Pretty much the same for me in that I'm still on the 11 pro max and will skip this release and likely hit it up next year. But I have to say the incremental updates are underwhelming in the last few years, if there still isn't something significant I might even skip the next one too.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, I already mentioned I got it, but just to elaborate, we did an in store pick up yesterday, a bit crowded but the typical organized chaos, I wound up getting back $15 for some kind of tax/trade/<something>, then I took in an old 7 I had lying around, they took that in trade, got 10% off AC+ in the store, and with the trade/credit/etc., only paid a little over $100 for the coverage.

Guy across from us had been there for like an hour and still couldn't get activated, we took maybe 30 minutes total, and that was with two trades, plus we setup a business account :)

We ate at this incredible place near the Apple Store, sat outside, so nice yesterday, took the Jeep (roofless mode) too.

We got WAY too much food, brought a bunch home (early dinner so worked out nicely).

Yeah, for me, from a 12 definitely not, from an 11, most likely not either (unless I was maybe going up or down in size, or going from a "regular" to a Pro model ...), heck even an XS I couldv'e possibly kept, but my good ol' X, it was time to retire - and I was missing out on several iOS15 features.

I went Max this time, holy hell, do I love the larger size, I'm way better at typing with the slightly larger display, I mean, it seems to make a huge difference for me.

The phone is pretty spectacular, I meant to shoot some nighttime pics last night, but I'll try again today.

We recently changed our plans and have some 6 month Apple services freebies, and I got some with the phone to, I'll have to check the expiration dates, if it's short term, I wonder if they can be "stacked" somehow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2