California to end mask mandate on Feb 15

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Same here, I'm guessing a lot in the bay area will as well, they've always been pretty careful.

Yep. Norm in the Bay Area seems to have evolved to N95 or surgical masks, no more 6 foot rule (because that was silly anyway), but masks off in restaurants or outside unless in crowded places. Of course, vaccination percentage is likely really high here. Most of us don’t go into the office (I do). Traffic is still very light on 280, 85, and 101. Rush hour commute used to be an hour or more, and now is never worse than 35 minutes. One weird Bay Area-ism is we seem to pretend you can’t get infected when eating, though.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yep. Norm in the Bay Area seems to have evolved to N95 or surgical masks, no more 6 foot rule (because that was silly anyway), but masks off in restaurants or outside unless in crowded places. Of course, vaccination percentage is likely really high here. Most of us don’t go into the office (I do). Traffic is still very light on 280, 85, and 101. Rush hour commute used to be an hour or more, and now is never worse than 35 minutes. One weird Bay Area-ism is we seem to pretend you can’t get infected when eating, though.
Not sure what side of 280 you take but just sat on it getting on the 101 north for 30 minutes the other day, just like old times.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure what side of 280 you take but just sat on it getting on the 101 north for 30 minutes the other day, just like old times.

I pick it up at the 85-280 interchange and take it up to Page Mill. Moves pretty fast. Up by SF it may be a different story,

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I pick it up at the 85-280 interchange and take it up to Page Mill. Moves pretty fast. Up by SF it may be a different story,

89caecc1-bea3-431b-99cb-dee27ef15643.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I know this was an issue when our governor did the same. How will anyone know who is vaxxed or not?
I personally just assume every single person I come across is not vaccinated and don't go anywhere near them, whether that's the case or not, it's the safest thing all of us can do IMO. However, a lot of places (regardless of government intervention) will still require proof.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
However, a lot of places (regardless of government intervention) will still require proof.

I am thinking the store or the mall. Our Governor set a date to end our mask mandate on June 20, 2021 (State's birthday), but when the CDC came out and said vaxxed people don't need a mask, he allowed it. Well at that point, it became 6/20 a month sooner for all practical purposes.

So how will someplace like a mall enforce masks when they have no idea who is vaxxed?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I am thinking the store or the mall. Our Governor set a date to end our mask mandate on June 20, 2021 (State's birthday), but when the CDC came out and said vaxxed people don't need a mask, he allowed it. Well at that point, it became 6/20 a month sooner for all practical purposes.

So how will someplace like a mall enforce masks when they have no idea who is vaxxed?
Those not wearing masks during a mandate put all their cards on the table and were easy to identify, also likely not vaccinated because they're the selfish (I only care about me, fk everyone else) type. Without the mandate it'll be harder to tell, my hope is that the spread dies down enough to where it won't matter as much. I'll still be masked in any public location regardless though.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I checked a vaccination rate map the other day and where I live, Santa Clara County, is at 84%, I think the highest in the state and among the highest in the country.

Still, I’m not looking forward to these initial gray zone periods, although I know they are necessary. This past weekend I went to a nursery in Morgan Hill which is starting to go down into conservative territory. I was apprehensive about the mask situation because of the location and the majority of the business is outdoors. Luckily when I arrived there was a person walking in with a mask on, and when I went inside everybody else was wearing a mask too. I admit I might be a little overly paranoid about possible masked vs unmasked confrontations. In public I prefer to pretend I’m invisible until I choose to make myself visible.

Bay Area traffic. I'm grateful the peninsula isn't part of my work commute, and it's rare I go up the peninsula for any reason. My work commute is 880. The only real headache is the 880/101 interchange can become like a parking lot but I'm used to it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
For vaccinated people. I welcome the change, let's hope this is the right call in returning to some sense of normalcy.

We are wearing masks now to help out the My Libertay dummies. I’ve been ready to ditch mine which honestly I don’t wear 100% when out of the house, usually when I head into a store.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
We are wearing masks now to help out the My Libertay dummies. I’ve been ready to ditch mine which honestly I don’t wear 100% when out of the house, usually when I head into a store.

This is about what I've done since all this began. I only wear my mask in places where I'll be within close proximity to a number of people.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Mid Peninsula/San Mateo County most people are wearing masks. Inside and out. Have a feeling that's not going to change much beyond the 15th, at least until the numbers go down further.

Top Bottom
1 2