Can Twitter kill Trump’s account once he’s no longer President?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Twitter has killed other people’s accounts for a lot less than Trump’s rhetoric. I think inciting violence and attempting to overthrow an election should more than qualify.

Of course the question is should they. I say yes. I don’t see any downside. I feel his absence from Twitter will cause a lot less problems than continuing to let him stay on it. He can attempt to start an alternative Twitter.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
twitter has said as soon as he is out he loses his protections.

Right. And not long after, the ban hammer. He can't control himself and his aides won't be on hand quite as often.

It crossed my mind the other night to wonder if Trump will try to sue Twitter for eventually banning him, on the grounds that it's not just presidents who rate elevated protection on that platform, it's also candidates for public office, politicians or other public figures of certain stature and so forth.

Hope Twitter responds "Yeah but for you sir we're gonna make an exception, which is entirely in our discretion and may it please the court, also demonstrably a entirely reasonable decision."

U

User.45

Right. And not long after, the ban hammer. He can't control himself and his aides won't be on hand quite as often.

It crossed my mind the other night to wonder if Trump will try to sue Twitter for eventually banning him, on the grounds that it's not just presidents who rate elevated protection on that platform, it's also candidates for public office, politicians or other public figures of certain stature and so forth.

Hope Twitter responds "Yeah but for you sir we're gonna make an exception, which is entirely in our discretion and may it please the court, also demonstrably a entirely reasonable decision."
I can foresee the fundraisers for the Trump-Sues-Twitter foundation, money from which will end up getting channeled into something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm gonna be pissed if they don't do anything to him on Twitter or facebook. I've been banned for a lot less on there. They better treat him the same.

There will be pressure by the Biden administration if so much disinformation keeps being pegged out by Trump and followers on Twitter.

Jack Dorsey is aware that Congress on both sides of the aisle is gunning for the social media platforms in a number of ways. Losing liability protection is possible, hamstringing them on acquisitions and partnerships is possible, data privacy and security issues... inadequate policing for way wrong content, etc.​

Trump is uncontrollable --including by himself-- so if he stays hopped on on rage over his 2020 loss, then sooner or later he's likely to post something on Twitter that is literally seditious regarding the federal government under Biden, or incitement to imminent violence by some of his raunchier followers... and get himself banned.

Staying obsessed with himself and his grudge lists is par for the course with Trump. I remember in one of Woodward's books. Bannon was quoted as telling Trump to "turn that garbage off" --Fox, some weekend shows-- and asking him why he bothered to watch it since he'd won the presidency, why not just relax, go play slap and tickle with his beautiful wife in the next room or play some golf for god's sake. Trump shushed him and kept watching Fox play to its Audience of One...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2