Capitol Mob 2.0?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There are fears of another violent mob on September 18. People that live in the Capitol Hill region of Washington, DC are concerned:

As a DC resident, I’m also concerned. The day of the Jan 6 mob, we were warned to stay home. Everybody knew it was going to be bad, but since Trump was president, he prevented proper security measures from being put in place.

I hope that this time there will be a heavy police presence to discourage violence.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I didn’t even realize you were in the DC area, but yeah, I’m assuming something like Jan 6th won’t happen again - hopefully authorities will overcompensate, and it will barely happen, just a few sad fuckwits, shambling along, before they head home to their mothers basement.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
My only fear is that any police crackdown will make it appear that the Biden administration is unfair to that crowd. I don't care really, just don't let shit get out of hand and let the chips fall where they may. They'll twist the facts later anyway.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
My only fear is that any police crackdown will make it appear that the Biden administration is unfair to that crowd. I don't care really, just don't let shit get out of hand and let the chips fall where they may. They'll twist the facts later anyway.
These people think Ashli Babbitt is some kind of martyr.

I honestly don’t care if they think Biden is being mean to them.

I’d love to see how they will mesh their “Biden is a wimp, too old for his job” with “Biden is a cruel dictator who cracks down on ‘patriots’ trying to visit the Capitol for some selfies!”

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
These people think Ashli Babbitt is some kind of martyr.

I honestly don’t care if they think Biden is being mean to them.

I’d love to see how they will mesh their “Biden is a wimp, too old for his job” with “Biden is a cruel dictator who cracks down on ‘patriots’ trying to visit the Capitol for some selfies!”
They'll try. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As a DC resident, I’m also concerned. The day of the Jan 6 mob, we were warned to stay home. Everybody knew it was going to be bad, but since Trump was president, he prevented proper security measures from being put in place.

I hope that this time there will be a heavy police presence to discourage violence.

Source????

I'll help you out. As much as I would like to blame Pelosi, it wasn't her either. Capitol security is overseen by a 3-member board consisting of the Sergeant of Arms of both the House and Senate and the Capitol Architect. The Chief of the Capitol Police is a non-voting member. Trump had zero control over security of the Capitol.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Source????

I'll help you out. As much as I would like to blame Pelosi, it wasn't her either. Capitol security is overseen by a 3-member board consisting of the Sergeant of Arms of both the House and Senate and the Capitol Architect. The Chief of the Capitol Police is a non-voting member. Trump had zero control over security of the Capitol.
And yet he had control over the National Guard and refused to bring them in, even though they were ready to roll.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Source????

People were begging Trump to send help for hours, which is well-documented. He incited the mob in the first place. And you blame Pelosi or the Capitol police, and then MOCK the Police?

Making fun of the Capitol police by saying they aren’t good at their jobs? How dare you shit on them?

The Capitol police put their life on the line to defend their country. And you are taking a fucking dump on them and joking about it.

Fuck off.

The Jan 6 commission will show exactly what happened that day, and Trump will be shown to be responsible. That’s the reason the Republican leadership doesn’t want to be a part of it. They CALLED him. They KNOW he refused to send help for hours.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
That m-fer was gleeful. It is unlikely he cared who was going to do their job, because he wanted the insurrection.
From over here Trump’s lack of public action for so long sure looked weird. No timely national guard. No powerful statement condemning the assault. Remember, this was back when Trump had access to Twitter and could reach out unfiltered, with the world watching his every tweet while also compulsively watching pictures and videos posted by people outside and inside the Capitol, so no way to blame ”MSM” for hiding the truth. We noticed what Trump did not say. And we noticed the ridiculous things Trump did say when he finally said something.

Reasonable explanations? Dangerously incompetent or complicit. Or both. Sure as hell made USA look weak in any case. I know some people are really concerned about presidents making their countries look weak. Weird that they’re not all over this.

Biden at least made the world feel like there was hope for the future, addressing the nation like a real president should have done and Trump failed to do. Congress resuming their duties as they did was also a real show of strength. The latter show of strength has however been completely obliterated by the aftermath, the refusal to deal with 1/6. Weak. SAD!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
From over here Trump’s lack of public action for so long sure looked weird. No timely national guard. No powerful statement condemning the assault. Remember, this was back when Trump had access to Twitter and could reach out unfiltered, with the world watching his every tweet while also compulsively watching pictures and videos posted by people outside and inside the Capitol, so no way to blame ”MSM” for hiding the truth. We noticed what Trump did not say. And we noticed the ridiculous things Trump did say when he finally said something.

Reasonable explanations? Dangerously incompetent or complicit. Or both. Sure as hell made USA look weak in any case. I know some people are really concerned about presidents making their countries look weak. Weird that they’re not all over this.

Biden at least made the world feel like there was hope for the future, addressing the nation like a real president should have done and Trump failed to do. Congress resuming their duties as they did was also a real show of strength. The latter show of strength has however been completely obliterated by the aftermath, the refusal to deal with 1/6. Weak. SAD!
While the violent mob was in the Capitol, looking for Mike Pence, chanting they wanted to hang him, here’s what Trump tweeted instead of sending reinforcements.

Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!
At 2:13pm, Pence was evacuated to a nearby office due to fear he would be killed. He was not fully evacuated to safety yet. Trump tweeted the above at 2:24. I guarantee he was briefed as to what was going on. Instead of sending reinforcements, he encouraged rioters by attacking Pence in a tweet. The President of the United States, ladies and gentlemen!

Hours after the Capitol breach, and multiple “allies” calling and begging him to send help, he finally authorized reinforcements.

The Capitol police are not big enough to handle a mob of such size as seen on Jan 6. Some assholes are claiming they aren’t good at their job? They were outnumbered and left for dead by the President. Anybody who would say anything like “I guess he figured the Capitol Police were better at their jobs” to excuse Trump’s failure to defend the Capitol……. Is a traitor to America.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is correct. I guess he figured the Capitol Police were better at their jobs.
And I’m sure the job he wanted them to do was best if they had been denied riot gear beforehand. Was that Pelosi’s fault as well? Hrmmm…who prevented the CP from actually being prepared?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And I’m sure the job he wanted them to do was best if they had been denied riot gear beforehand. Was that Pelosi’s fault as well? Hrmmm…who prevented the CP from actually being prepared?
I would think the people blaming the Capitol Police or their leadership would WANT a full January 6th commission. And yet… they oppose it. They want full investigations of Hillary and Hunter Biden, but when it comes to a mob invading the Capitol, they’re like “that’s water under the bridge…”

I know the Republicans will poo-poo the commission’s report when it is released. However, I think it is good for the country to get as much detail as possible of what government officials did leading up to that day and on that day.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
DC is gearing up for this:

That makes me feel better. I hope the protesters with violent tendencies stay away when they realize there will be a strong police presence. As for peaceful protesters, I welcome them even if I disagree with their politics. They will undoubtedly need something to eat, thereby paying the restaurant tax and also contributing to DC’s economy.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
DC is gearing up for this:

From your link:

"We're going back to the Capitol, right where it started. And it's going to be huge," Braynard announced on the podcast of former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, who was federally charged in 2020 with fraud. "We're going to push back on the phony narrative that there was an insurrection."
Uh-huh... 😒

Braynard, who leads a group called Look Ahead America, told HuffPost that the rally would be focused specifically on Jan. 6-related arrests, and that protestors would be discouraged from holding election or candidate-related signs or wearing "MAGA gear."
Yeah. That'll work with crazy people.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Eleven Rs sent a letter to 13 tech CEOs warning them not to honor subpoenas telling them to break the law when the Jan. 6 commission asks them for terrorists' records.

It was the usual suspects. Presumably they expect to be back in power soon.

ETA: one of the recipients was the CEO of Yahoo – four years ago.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The “silent majority” is the literal vocal minority. You’d think with all the history to go off of, these people would see they are the future’s fools of the past. Whatever cause they think they’re aiding - which is really just the ego trip of one fat idiot - they just look like out of control cultists. Won’t be hard for history to point them out with their red hats and “Trump as Rambo” flags they used to beat cops in their “patriotism”.

This is just the country that would elect this dolt with a minority of a vote for his second term.

A definite death cult.

Top Bottom
1 2