Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This was funny. Sleepyhead snoozing on my iPad 😴
4D2C1D45-393B-477E-951A-A9F499F3A80C.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'm amazed that the cats could manage to catch a raccoon, baby or not.

Predatory instinct.

But, perhaps not.

I thought that you had mentioned that they had - or have - settled comfortably into the quiet contemplation of a sedentary middle aged lifestyle.

U

User.45

I'm amazed that the cats could manage to catch a raccoon, baby or not.
In North America, B. procyonis infection rates in raccoons are very high, being found in around 70% of adult raccoons and 90% of juvenile raccoons.[6]Transmission occurs similarly to other roundworm species, through the fecal-oral route. Eggs are produced by the worm while in the intestine, and the released eggs will mature to an infective state externally in the soil. When an infected egg is ingested, the larvae will hatch and enter the intestine. Transmission of B. procyonis may also occur through the ingestion of larvae found in infected tissue.[6]

1622314849696.png

Mebendazole to all!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Predatory instinct.

But, perhaps not.

I thought that you had mentioned that they had - or have - settled comfortably into the quiet contemplation of a sedentary middle aged lifestyle.

Ha! Not quite. They do tend to laze around the breezeway a lot more these days, but they still go on the hunt. I'm always having to clean up birds, rabbits, chipmunks, and whatever else they happen to find.

I've had a lot of cats over the years, but these 4 are, by and far, the most adept at hunting I've ever seen. Even Polly, who's now an inside cat who gets pampered more than the others, will still snap with amazing speed at anything that captures her attention.

U

User.45

Damn cats caught a baby raccoon, and brought it into the garage. You wouldn't believe the amount of effort it took to catch this thing, while making sure it wouldn't bite or scratch me.

View attachment 5568
I'd power wash this crate and handle the poop of this little fella as biohazardous material. Maybe he's too young yet to have been exposed to worms, but yukkity yuk. You have dewormer for your cats? Time to give it a run. You're probably fine but deep clean that garage and get rid of any food that may have been in touch with this one...

Renzatic

Reaction score
I'd power wash this crate and handle the poop of this little fella as biohazardous material. Maybe he's too young yet to have been exposed to worms, but yukkity yuk. You have dewormer for your cats? Time to give it a run. You're probably fine but deep clean that garage and get rid of any food that may have been in touch with this one...

The garage and cat carrier are now disinfected. Not exactly how I intended on spending my Memorial Day Sunday morning, but hey, it beats a roundworm infection.

U

User.45

The garage and cat carrier are now disinfected. Not exactly how I intended on spending my Memorial Day Sunday morning, but hey, it beats a roundworm infection.
It sucks, but yeah, it's something you don't want to take chances with.

U

User.45

Just one (of many) reason my cats never go out. (Except the idiot who likes being walked on a leash like a dog.)
My beef with the neotenous murder machines some refer to as cats is this:

A 2013 study by Scott R. Loss and others of the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service found that free-ranging domestic cats (mostly unowned) are the top human-caused threat to wildlife in the United States, killing an estimated 1.3 to 3.7 billion birds and 6.3 to 22.3 billion mammals annually.[4][5]

Renzatic

Reaction score
My beef with the neotenous murder machines some refer to as cats is this...

I'm not surprised. My cats kill at least 2 birds a week.

On the plus side, the moles that were literally digging up my yard mysteriously disappeared about a year after they were born in my backyard.

D

Deleted member 199

Anyone got to the point of making (or I guess even buying/having made) a "catio" (i.e. cat patio)?

I have a basic idea in my head of what I think I'm gonna make but the few videos I saw about them seem certainly a lot smaller in scale than what I had planned so I dunno if there's something I'm not realising?

Top Bottom
1 2