Cats

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone got to the point of making (or I guess even buying/having made) a "catio" (i.e. cat patio)?

I have a basic idea in my head of what I think I'm gonna make but the few videos I saw about them seem certainly a lot smaller in scale than what I had planned so I dunno if there's something I'm not realising?
We talk about it. I imagine we’ll get there now that all available wall space is covered with cat climbing/resting protrusions.

There are a lot of feral cats in our neighborhood. One of them is in heat, and we all take turns breaking up their little parties. Meanwhile, there’s a new batch of kittens that we spend time running out of the yard to protect the birds and squirrels. If I could get them early enough I’d get them all fixed. That would take care of that problem.

D

Deleted member 199

That would take care of that problem.
tumblr_n9v3iiVQ331qe3lhxo1_640.gifv

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. My cats kill at least 2 birds a week.

On the plus side, the moles that were literally digging up my yard mysteriously disappeared about a year after they were born in my backyard.

Moles don't taste good though, apparently. Outdoor cats we had as kids while living in Maryland for awhile used to slay them during the night but always laid them out intact and very dead along the bottom step of the back porch. Of rabbits or mice, however, we never found more than the occasional rabbit's tail or paw...

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Moles don't taste good though, apparently. Outdoor cats we had as kids while living in Maryland for awhile used to slay them during the night but always laid them out intact and very dead along the bottom step of the back porch. Of rabbits or mice, however, we never found more than the occasional rabbit's tail or paw...

Yup. My cats do the same thing. Every once in awhile, I'll come across half a mole lying around, but usually they just kill them, and leave them on the breezeway.

Rabbits and birds though? They get eaten.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yup. My cats do the same thing. Every once in awhile, I'll come across half a mole lying around, but usually they just kill them, and leave them on the breezeway.

Rabbits and birds though? They get eaten.

You clearly didn't get the intended message. The cats expect you to dress the carcass, season it, and cook it into something delicious, to be left in the same place. Thus far, you have been neglecting your duties.

Renzatic

Reaction score
You clearly didn't get the intended message. The cats expect you to dress the carcass, season it, and cook it into something delicious, to be left in the same place. Thus far, you have been neglecting your duties.

I didn't volunteer for that. Ain't gonna do it.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Oh, and here's an old picture of them when they were still kittens. Probably a little over a month old here, when they all still got along.

2015-06-13 18.29.50.jpg

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This reminds me. I never did show off the recent pics of the nerd herd to anyone except Scribe, when she asked.

So here they are. The dorks.

Fuzzy.
dDgffkw.jpg

Polly
xleGZsG.jpg

PETE!
PEGIYaU.jpg

Oh, and here's an old picture of them when they were still kittens. Probably a little over a month old here, when they all still got along.

View attachment 5675
Cuteness overload! 😻😻😻 I love them!

Top Bottom
1 2