Cats

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have heard that before. It will become your cat, treating everyone else with feline-meh. It will insist on sleeping on your face and you will end up revising your feelings about cats. Or at least about this one.
Yep. Cats are fricking weird 😹

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Wow the game Kitty Collector+ really does have one named Joe DiMeowgio. Finally got a photo of him "at bat".

joe demeowgio.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I am wondering how our boy Gismo is going to handle the time change. In another thread we were discussing how we as people handle/don't handle it and I have to wonder about him.

He has an internal clock that is as accurate as any humans. He comes down with us in the evening to watch TV and within 5 minutes of 10 o'clock he is pacing and fussing because he wants to go up and have his "dinner" ( we can't free feed the boys because they would be bigger than they are). He was a mess Tuesday because we were watching the election returns, the game and a recorded program. So at about 10:30 the wife finally got tired of him and went up and fed them. Fifteen minutes later he was back down fussing because his routine got messed up.

So I have no idea what is going to happen Sunday evening. He is going to want to be fed by his clock at 9, which isn't going to happen otherwise he will be waking me up to feed them breakfast. So I guess we will have to listen to him fuss for an hour or so.

Anyone else have cats with internal clocks?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how our boy Gismo is going to handle the time change. In another thread we were discussing how we as people handle/don't handle it and I have to wonder about him.

He has an internal clock that is as accurate as any humans. He comes down with us in the evening to watch TV and within 5 minutes of 10 o'clock he is pacing and fussing because he wants to go up and have his "dinner" ( we can't free feed the boys because they would be bigger than they are). He was a mess Tuesday because we were watching the election returns, the game and a recorded program. So at about 10:30 the wife finally got tired of him and went up and fed them. Fifteen minutes later he was back down fussing because his routine got messed up.

So I have no idea what is going to happen Sunday evening. He is going to want to be fed by his clock at 9, which isn't going to happen otherwise he will be waking me up to feed them breakfast. So I guess we will have to listen to him fuss for an hour or so.

I suspect our cat has an internal clock, but if he does, he's never been particularly forthcoming about it. He does tend to be more active at night, when he runs up and down our stairs and periodically visits our bed. We haven't noticed any behavioral changes during time transitions. But we don't feed him at fixed times — we just fill his bowl once a day and he eats when he wants. I know this is frowned upon, but he seems to self regulate and his weight is good.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Oh yeah. when I lived in California, the matriarch of the three Siamese cats the family had was about 20 years old and belonged to the grandma of the household. Everyone was to gather in grandma's sitting room at 11pm for the late news. Cat would then settle on grandma's lap and be fed kitty treats during the news. Whoever resisted the roundup was pursued by that old cat and treated to verbal abuse like only a Siamese cat can dish out, probably 120 decibels.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He has an internal clock that is as accurate as any humans. .......

Fascinating.

Actually, I have known cats with astonishingly accurate internal clocks.

At the risk of quoting myself, I'll simply cite a post I wrote a few months ago.

I've long been struck by the phenomenal punctuality, and time keeping ability of cats, and their extraordinary sense of spatial awareness.

When I was in Afghanistan, one of my colleagues - a Superintendent in the RCMP (Major/Lt-Colonel equivalent) - adopted, or bonded with, (or was adopted by, or chosen by) one of the semi-feral cats that roamed the compound (and were spoiled, and fussed over by many of us; they were very good at identifying which laps would readily accommodate, play host to, and welcome them).

Anyway, I recall - with awed amazement - how that cat would make its way to the door of the office of the Canadian RCMP Superintendent, precisely on the dot, at exactly 16.50 each and every day, and would wait, sitting patiently outside the door of his office, until my colleague finished his day's work, (at 17.00) whereupon it would then proceed to accompany him to his room, and sprawl and stretch out, blissfully and happily on his bed.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
We are picking our British Short hair up on the 18th November. My daughters are adamant the name of this kitten is going to be ‘Beau’ as they like the name, however the kitten is female and this is a male name. We are thinking to get around this we’ll spell it ‘Boe’ or something like that. What do you guys think? I’m staying out of it as much as I can and just buying the accessories I’ve been told to buy [emoji2359]

This is the kitten we’ve gone for:
32347d0f18315713fbc17c35f25727ab.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We are picking our British Short hair up on the 18th November. My daughters are adamant the name of this kitten is going to be ‘Beau’ as they like the name, however the kitten is female and this is a male name. We are thinking to get around this we’ll spell it ‘Boe’ or something like that. What do you guys think? I’m staying out of it as much as I can and just buying the accessories I’ve been told to buy [emoji2359]

This is the kitten we’ve gone for:
32347d0f18315713fbc17c35f25727ab.jpg

Since you are in the UK, wouldn't that simply be a "short hair"? :ROFLMAO:

Sweet looking kitty. :) The female version of Beau is Belle.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That guy is brilliant. The compositing work is really good too. He did it roughly as I would have expected, but that must have taken an incredible number of hours.

IIRC, the guy who does his is a video editor. My favorite one is from The Matrix, with Home Alone a close second, but all of them are good.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the guy who does his is a video editor. My favorite one is from The Matrix, with Home Alone a close second, but all of them are good.

Ahh yes.. the movie that made drunk boxing into science fiction. Also the Home Alone one is pretty believable.

Top Bottom
1 2