Cats

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It’s funny, because the neighbor keeps warning everyone that the cat bites and hurts people. If I kneel down to pet him, he immediately jumps on my lap and rolls over to expose his belly. I‘m not seeing it.
They know who to trust.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Here's a flat cat in the guest bedroom.

Wish I could let ole Fuzz here out alongside Polly, but Polly will jump her the moment she sees her. For now, I just have to cycle my cats. One goes out, one goes up.

IMG_0049.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Here's a flat cat in the guest bedroom.

Wish I could let ole Fuzz here out alongside Polly, but Polly will jump her the moment she sees her. For now, I just have to cycle my cats. One goes out, one goes up.

We're cycling right now as well. My daughter is home and brought her cat which can't be seen by our cats or all hell breaks loose. Coco will start hissing at his brother, who doesn't understand and then go hide under the bed.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
We're cycling right now as well. My daughter is home and brought her cat which can't be seen by our cats or all hell breaks loose. Coco will start hissing at his brother, who doesn't understand and then go hide under the bed.

I wish mine were that calm. When Polly sees Fuzz, she will go into Out For Blood Mode, and straight up attack her.

The only reason I can think of for her doing this is because she was always bullied by Pete when she was still an outdoor cat. He was always harassing her, making her jump and skittish, and taking her food. When I brought her in, she started relaxing. Guess now she sees the house as her domain, and poor Fuzz, who I had to bring in because Pete started bulling her after losing Polly as a target, is an interloper.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I fed my neighbor’s cat for a few weeks while he was out of town, and now the cat jumps over the fence and into my yard when he hears my voice. I am, apparently, now his human.

He has also almost figured out how to get in the dog door, which has led to a couple of swats on the nose for my poor little terrier who just wants to play with the strange orange creature.

Attachments

• 7575F349-2DCC-469C-9523-7B11F5929644.jpeg
    7575F349-2DCC-469C-9523-7B11F5929644.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 34

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I fed my neighbor’s cat for a few weeks while he was out of town, and now the cat jumps over the fence and into my yard when he hears my voice. I am, apparently, now his human.

He has also almost figured out how to get in the dog door, which has led to a couple of swats on the nose for my poor little terrier who just wants to play with the strange orange creature.
Typical cat. He owns you now.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
As part of our ongoing cleanup/out/minimizing, I finally went ultra minimum downstairs in the main TV room, just the Sonos sub in the corner, no consoles, no AVR, no ethernet switch, etc., that freed up the nice Sanus rack for upstairs to replace a pretty mediocre one in the bedroom. While I was cleaning off the old of wire/gear cruft, kitty kept getting involved :ROFLMAO: so i chased her out, then I moved a stack of stuff into the corner and when I turned around ...

Ummm, no, I can't see you ... :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1633_1920.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This cat does this when she wants to go outside. Makes it easier to put the harness on, so we try to encourage her to keep doing it.

We just got a harness/leash for our kitty, though haven't tried a test fitting yet. She's a 100% inside cat, and we're hoping to give her a little outside exposure via leash, but also use it to get her into a new cat tent we bought. It's pretty nice, we opened it inside, and she eventually went in, later was in/out a few times, like not freaked out by it, even when I zipped up the door. We're going to set it up on the deck (when it's cooler ...), leash her into it, then we can hang out with her outside, she can talk to her squirrel friends, etc. :D

My ILs have a cat that will knock at the door to go outside, and go from the house, right into a cat tent (I think it's the same one). Then when he's done, he'll sit up next to the door and squeak, you open it, and he'll stroll right back into the house, with zero interest in running off, we'd love if it ours would eventually do that.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
We just got a harness/leash for our kitty, though haven't tried a test fitting yet. She's a 100% inside cat, and we're hoping to give her a little outside exposure via leash, but also use it to get her into a new cat tent we bought. It's pretty nice, we opened it inside, and she eventually went in, later was in/out a few times, like not freaked out by it, even when I zipped up the door. We're going to set it up on the deck (when it's cooler ...), leash her into it, then we can hang out with her outside, she can talk to her squirrel friends, etc. :D

My ILs have a cat that will knock at the door to go outside, and go from the house, right into a cat tent (I think it's the same one). Then when he's done, he'll sit up next to the door and squeak, you open it, and he'll stroll right back into the house, with zero interest in running off, we'd love if it ours would eventually do that.

Our cat adapts to things faster than I would expect. Within a minute of the harness going on for the first time we were outside and she was enjoying herself in the lawn, and 30 minutes later, she led us back to the house to go back inside. Everything we've seen suggests she was an indoor cat previously, but she sure doesn't mind the harness or the leash, doesn't like leaving the property though. Early on we had to train her not to climb the fences, though.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Heck every day is International Cat Day, just ask any cat. They know they're descended from royalty and humans are peons.

There's an amazing issue of The Sandman (the series is on my mind with the recent Netflix series ...), it was published during a run of single issue stories:

1660000399843.png

Dream presents her with a vision of an alternative reality where cats are huge and humans are merely their playthings, tiny servants which groom their bodies and which the cats can kill at their leisure. A man ruined that world by informing the humans that their dreams will shape the world. Enough humans listened to make the vision a reality. Upon waking, the cat undertakes a spiritual quest for justice. She preaches her vision to motley assortments of housecats around the world, hoping that if she can make enough cats believe in and dream of this reality, the world will change to conform to their dreams.

1660000500524.png

It's pretty amazing ... and a little terrifying :D

Top Bottom
1 2