Cats

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
No, but I did see this!

GcO319V.jpg

...which doesn't have anything to do with cats, but I'm still posting it here, cuz I'm a rebel.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Now I'll post a cat picture.

Fun fact: she ended up falling into that bush about 3 seconds after taking this. Don't know what she was after, but she was pretty hardcore about getting it.

View attachment 1776

Maybe a cricket. They like to hang out in shrubs like that close to a house for some reason.

And the kitties like to climb trees, of course. Gotta love this one, wasted no time getting into the holiday spirit.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336728596774313992/

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My husband has always put up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree in his den. This year I suggested he go ahead and get a full-sized tree. He just looked at me. Last night he came to me with the string of lights that no longer works because a cat chewed through it. Ok, so maybe homes with cats should not have Christmas trees. Or anything nice.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My husband has always put up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree in his den. This year I suggested he go ahead and get a full-sized tree. He just looked at me. Last night he came to me with the string of lights that no longer works because a cat chewed through it. Ok, so maybe homes with cats should not have Christmas trees. Or anything nice.

You can get a Festivus pole.

6A61CBB5-7F79-4357-BA48-5703D7DE2F71.jpeg

lizkat

Reaction score

I have so been there... came home from a weekend away once and walked into the bedroom in my city place and thought for a minute I had been robbed or something. A sewing machine ( the kind housed in a cabinet, so it swings up for use after a hinged table extension is lifted up off it and swung out onto supports to hold fabrics and tools) was lying on the floor, cabinet tipped sideways. Nothing else seemed "off" or missing...

So it was a mystery.... until I picked up the kitty that usually hung out on my bed when I was home and watching TV, but that night and ever after, each time as I approached that bedroom with him in my arms,, he would start to squirm... and before I could actually enter that room from the hallway he'd be frantic and would even scratch me, desperately trying to get down and run the other way.

Finally realized the two of them had been roughhousing and the cabinet with an unstable center of gravity had somehow tipped over, scaring the living daylights out of the one who almost got smashed because he'd apparently left the scene first. The other cat apparently rode the table down and walked away figuring ok that's broken, what else is there.

The scaredy-cat never did hang out with me on "TV movie nights" after that without spending a few minutes standing on the threshhold eyeballing that sewing machine cabinet. Whenever I went to set that thing up for sewing and he was in the room, he took off like the hounds of hell were after him. The other cat would do a very cat-like thing if he was also in the room then: sit up straight for a minute and then turn his head and groom his fur over one shoulder, like he was embarrassed to have been caught out at something but was pretending nothing had happened and he was so cool.

"Guilty!!" -- the both of them.

lizkat

Reaction score
Ever had one-a them kinda days?

The mark of the head of household!

Once as my then BF and I had just settled in for a supper off the coffee table, he stood up again and stepped out to the kitchen to get a forgotten basket of bread. Like a lightning bolt, the orange tabby then reached up from under the coffee table with the longest arm I'd ever seen any cat deploy, swiped the BF's quarter-chicken right off the unattended plate across from me. 🐯🐥🍽️ 😖

Top Bottom
1 2