Cats

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
In fact if somehow I ever came into possession of a cat, that’s pretty much what I’d name it: Fuck You.

or,

354A465B-7A9E-479F-8E58-6B7CFB630B73.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This place needs more cats!

There is no place existing that does not need more cats!

First up, a bag of Oreo, cause everyone loves that. Following is the extremely photogenic Shadow. He’s the one who receives all the packages. Finally, my heart of hearts, Jet. So named because of the way he jets around as though he carries jet propulsion packs. Oh, and because he’s jet black.

447D8165-9B02-48EE-8A17-A71CA8E2B2E7.jpeg
B8EA29D9-0022-4D6C-A350-383CC42D68CA.jpeg
371362CB-8C60-449A-91A5-C07356B14736.jpeg

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Looks like a warm day. Cats can get amaaaaaaazingly long in hot weather.

True, but they're like this in winter too.

They've become really lazy cats over these last couple of years. It used to be that when I let them out of the garage in the morning, they'd scatter off throughout the yard, only popping up when it was time to put them up in the evening. Now? They mostly stick around the breezeway, only occasionally going out to explore.

Cap Cat is the only one that still bugs out more often that not, but even she sticks around the house a lot more than she used to.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Next door's cat was surprised at the front door (that is, my front door, not its own front door), when I returned from the farmers' market clutching several bags of organic produce (earlier, I had seen it sunning itself on our garage roof, where the angled roof meets the sun), and favoured me with that indignant and outraged stare bestowed by cats on humans when you dare to disturb the splendour of their self-regarding existence.

Last edited:
U

User.45

I think cats are cute. I don’t want one as a pet, I’ve got nothing against them...I’d just rather have a dog who jumps up and down when I come home than a cat whose default attitude is Fuck Off.

In fact if somehow I ever came into possession of a cat, that’s pretty much what I’d name it: Fuck You.
I have a dog who licks himself all day, ignores you unless he's hungry or thirsty, but the moment you leave home he destroys the furniture. At least we have to walk him in exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We adopted him. He absolutely HATES cats. The only thing that ever pissed him off more than cats was a fox...(in the city).

His sense of himself could have been influenced by cats before you adopted him.

I remember the very best student I ever taught - we were discussing Nature versus Nurture - giving me an excellent example of the possible influence of Nurture over Nature by explaining how she suspected that her dog may have thought himself a cat, for, he had been raised with a group of domestic cats with a semi-feral streak - they lived in the countryside.

She described (hilariously) how her dog used to sit in the sun with the languidly stretched cats, who were basking, glorying in the heat, and would end up panting, and needing to seek the refuge of shade, how he would attempt to leap - in pale imitation of the balletic, fluid and graceful motion of the cats - onto a window sill, where the cats were already stretched, only to fall off, paws scrabbling madly for a purchase on the window sill.

This morning, on my return from the farmers' market, it struck me that a dog would firstly, have greeted me, perhaps with pleasure, and secondly, would have sought to investigate the (organic produce) contents of my bags (or, maybe the investigation would have preceded the greeting).

Next door's cat (despite the fact that the bags also contained fish) treated me with utter disdain, and outraged majesty, that it was compelled to move, so that I could gain access to - and entry to the house - at my own front door.

Top Bottom
1 2