Cats

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Oh, I also see that the new Photos app on my iPhone IDs animals! I have the "magic info" icon, and a little paw icon on the image, and when I tap that, I get info about Oriental shorthairs.

Earlier version of that app once identified part of a crazy-quilt block on my design wall as a person I should tag. Only Picasso could have thought that thing was a person. App has come a long way!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@lizkat FWIW, this is the "stock" iOS photos app, it's pretty slick (this is iOS15 on a 13 Pro Max):

IMG_96B1C7DC2C47-1_1200.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble getting cat food? I mean more than usual. Had to make 3 stops today while out looking for the only food my daughter's picky cat will eat. No one had it and neither did Chewy. Finally found it at PetCo.

lizkat

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble getting cat food? I mean more than usual. Had to make 3 stops today while out looking for the only food my daughter's picky cat will eat. No one had it and neither did Chewy. Finally found it at PetCo.

yeah there's probably a million long tons of the stuff in containerships circling offshore the port of Los Angeles or else waiting for rail or truck transport east... along with a lot of what people think they're going to gift-wrap for Christmas.

lizkat

Reaction score
This picture just popped up in my memories. The look on his face 😐
View attachment 9204

Ok you guys are reminding me now of a little black manx kitty, of the "stumpy tail" variety, named Tuxedo for his white accents. He was so cute as a kitten, fearlessly walking atop the curved backs of chairs in the sunroom to get a view of the world outside my bro's home.

07-30-06_1900.jpg

07-30-06_1853.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score

Buy your cats an iPad mini and let them download the app store's Game of the Day for today: it's a cargo transport strategy sim called Port City: Ship Tycoon.

lizkat

Reaction score
They'll have to mow the yard a few times before I'll consider doing that

For that you need a goat, since it will mow the lawn for free. Downside: will also eat things should leave alone.

But cats might enjoy that cargo transport simulator app, just explain there's a ton of catfood out there on containerships and all they have to do to nail some of it is find a way to dock a couple of those watercraft at a port and get it on a train or a truck to your neighborhood.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
For that you need a goat, since it will mow the lawn for free. Downside: will also eat things should leave alone.

But cats might enjoy that cargo transport simulator app, just explain there's a ton of catfood out there on containerships and all they have to do to nail some of it is find a way to dock a couple of those watercraft at a port and get it on a train or a truck to your neighborhood.

If my cats want an iPad, they'll have to earn it, by god! Ain't no freebies in this household!

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
If my cats want an iPad, they'll have to earn it, by god! Ain't no freebies in this household!

Do you remember when your backyard was full of moles and chipmunks? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Maybe you buy the iPad and every now and then leave the television set to an ornithological nature show. Maybe this whole thing goes away.

edit: why did I type backyard as two words....?

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Do you remember when your back yard was full of moles and chipmunks? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Maybe you buy the iPad and every now and then leave the television set to an ornithological nature show. Maybe this whole thing goes away.

I guess they do deserve a treat. I'll buy them an Android tablet.

lizkat

Reaction score
Well at least they will be able to close all open Apps with 2 button presses. :ROFLMAO:

Heh. I have a very old iPad mini that occasionally manages that without any button presses at all. I only keep it because it has an old version of Plants v Zombies that I liked but that didn't stay in the devs' upgrade lane. Time to give it up and get a mini that was built in this decade.

lizkat

Reaction score
That is one ticked off looking cat...

Yah that cat looks like knows how to maintain law and order for sure. Here are some happy cats for Monday.

oh yeah kitties.jpg

Man is this app a perfect storm of a time-waster. The app is KittyCollectors+ and I got the Arcade version at Apple's app store. Terminally cute, slightly klutzy interface but of course I got over that.

I might have to set up an iOS "focus" to prohibit my use of the app during what I regard as normal working hours.

The regular app store's version of the app has in-app purchases but the Arcade version it's all just play money (well, fish) of which you're given an opening supply. All you have to do is shop for goodies and then set those out in the yard to amuse or comfort any kitties who show up to eat and play and sleep... and they leave you gifts (fish or goldfish) with which you purchase more goodies and replenish their food dish.

If they really like the stuff you leave out for them, one or another of them will eventually leave you special gifts called mementos. Just check back every so often and fill up their food bowl, accept the gifts they've left, buy more goodies or swap out the arrangement of the ones you've put into the yard.

You can snap photos of them to stick in their in-game albums, or take group photos of the yard at a given time that will download to your Photos.

Each kitty has a name, some are very elusive, all have different personalities and goodie preferences you learn over time by consulting their individual photo albums, where their three most favored toys or comforting objects are recorded. So this being October baseball season, I am quite fond of the kitty named Joe Dimeowgio. Yeah, really there's one named that.

Top Bottom
1 2